Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.0 supercharged - coolant hose removal

Post Thanks / Like
    You've probably already gave this a go, but... have you tried wedging a very small screwdriver under the bottom and pushing up, as you simultaneously depress the clips?
    2003 Jaguar XJ8 (X350) 4.2 Silver
    2006 Jaguar XK (X150) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Try squirting some silicone spray around the connectors and let it soak in for a while.

When you push the tabs in wiggle the connector and it should pull off.
    2010 Jaguar XJ V8 Portfolio.

3. Thanks 8bit thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the S-style connector here: https://www.normagroup.com/norma.nsf/res/Quick%20Connectors%20catalog.pdf/$file/Quick%20Connectors%20catalog.pdf -> S – SAE J2044 QUICK CONNECTORS

They look like they should be a press and pull. However, the illustration shows two press-retainers - how do the other two release the locking disc on the spigot?
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

5. Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've probably already tried this, but does it help if you depress the clips and then try to push the connector further together slightly, to loosen everything, before you try to pull it apart?
    Jaguar 2007 4.2 litre XK (X150) convertible
    Maxzda 2007 MX-5 2.0 litre (non - 'Sport') roadster-coupe
    Skoda 2007 Octavia 2.0TDI 4WD (not a Scout) estate
    Reliant 1975 Scimitar GTE SE5a (off the road after 243,000 from new)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    You've probably already tried this, but does it help if you depress the clips and then try to push the connector further together slightly, to loosen everything, before you try to pull it apart?
    Also what Hafren said

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-0-s-c-222865/
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't forgotten that thread (I started it after all!) and yes I tried that. I think I can get one of them free (rearmost one on the passenger side) but the other three seem stuck pretty solid, there's very little or no give in the push tabs, whether I'm pulling the hose away from or pushing it towards the intercoolers. I have tried pushing the hoses in and out to free them. Half the battle is that access to the lower tabs on the driver's side connectors is very limited because of a PCV hose that runs directly underneath, and also just the angle that they're at.

Thanks for that PDF Neil, looking at it I think it is the S style connector but they haven't got the green part on them as shown in the photos. Not sure if that's relevant or not.
    Current: 2009 XKR 5.0
    Previous: 2008 XKR 4.2

I take photos of cars! Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12