Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a Diesel XE - maybe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had my 180d AWD 15 months or so now I will confess that the only real downside is probably this 'hesitation' which I suspect is a conbination of turbo lag and the auto box. I suspect in a manual it would be a lot easier to manage, but I won't be ditching the car on account of it! If I get another someday I will likely look for one with a manual box though as it's not like I do much town/stop-start driving.

By the way, the worst car I had for that feature was a Peugeot 40 something or other. Even Top Gear called it downright dangerous!

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWD3M View Post
    If I get another someday I will likely look for one with a manual box though as it's not like I do much town/stop-start driving.

Richard.

I think the manual box was deleted when the XE was facelifted last year! By all accounts it was not a very nice box and not that popular!
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.X.T View Post
    I think the manual box was deleted when the XE was facelifted last year! By all accounts it was not a very nice box and not that popular!
    Didn't know that, thanks!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.X.T View Post
    Thanks. I didn't think Jaguar imported diesels to your side of the pond! thought it was mainly petrol (gas?) in the US? I can imagine that 49mpg is regarded as pretty good and I would be happy with that in the UK - a lot more than I get from my petrol XF and one of the attractions for me although still not sure about a diesel as yet.
    WE had them in 2017-19, but as of this year they are gone. In fact it seems most diesel passenger cars are gone. And yes, that 49mpg holds up at 80 mph all day on the interstate hiways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguar cars have one thing in common with old Land Rovers they are ' vehicles of charm and character' you may love them, some may even hate them, but I doubt if anybody gets bored with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12