Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dongle for iPhone X

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I ask a dumb question - does the Bovee 1000 allow phone caller functionality while it streams its tunes?

Post Thanks / Like
    with my iPhone X on a MY12 it does.... the Bluetooth shows the car (for the phone) and separately the Bovee for streaming music. If I get or make a call it interrupts the music and resumes after....

3. Thanks NoExcessBaggage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    I have my dongle in hand now, although I haven't used it yet. I'm sure mac_doctor is correct though, and I don't know why it wouldn't work since Apple sells it and it is designed to plug into both style connectors at either end. Grumpyoldfart, if you could post a link to the older thread we could correct the record for posterity.
    I've purchased a couple of these converters on the Internet (not the Apple unit that's a simple box; I've purchased short cables that convert 30-pin to lightning). In my experience, most of them are good just for charging and won't transmit audio signals, but some support audio. The ones I have that support audio have a noticeably thicker cable, so I'm guessing the other ones only have charging wires in the cable.
    I have God, family, friends, and my Jaguars. All I need now is more garage space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, mac_doctor. This was in fact what I was originally thinking of. I have to decide now between the convenience of bluetooth and simplicity and failproofness of a plug-in adaptor.

Myron
    Went for a cheap bluetooth option and didnt work. Then i decided to go for the 30-pin connector and it works perfectly. Spotify, apple music and all the rest work fine. Even the names of the songs come up in the console. Solid solution!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great to know; thank you mk803. I still haven't tested mine out yet but I hope to this weekend.

Myron
    2012 Jaguar XK Coupe
    1964 Land Rover Series IIA 88

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has just persuaded me I only need a Bovee dongle, and not a new F-type...

Thanks, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoExcessBaggage View Post
    This thread has just persuaded me I only need a Bovee dongle, and not a new F-type...

Thanks, guys.
    Perfect example of how easy it is to misinterpret things. You *do* need a new F-Type. So do I. I'll bet that, if you check your tire pressure, they're not all to spec. How much more evidence do you need??
    I have God, family, friends, and my Jaguars. All I need now is more garage space.

9. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor, NoExcessBaggage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NoExcessBaggage View Post

Thanks, guys.
    I’m with CLJ above, you must have misread something. Everyone needs a new F-Type!
    Chris. T.

The Autobiography has landed.

Previous: 2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe (Sold)
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs. (Written Off. A week after I sold ^)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess I have my excuse to get an F-Type now. I tried my phone on the dongle connector and no joy. The phone wakes up and starts charging, so I know the dongle and umbilical cord are working, but the screen just tells me to dock the device when I select iPod from the Audio menu. It's connecting via bluetooth to the car's phone system, so I don't know what else I could do to "dock" it.

Any suggestions, other than just buying an F-Type?

Thanks,

Myron

PS, here's a picture of my car with the phone plugged in and not playing music, in case you were wondering.

2012 Jaguar XK Coupe
    1964 Land Rover Series IIA 88

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess I have my excuse to get an F-Type now. I tried my phone on the dongle connector and no joy. The phone wakes up and starts charging, so I know the dongle and umbilical cord are working, but the screen just tells me to dock the device when I select iPod from the Audio menu. It's connecting via bluetooth to the car's phone system, so I don't know what else I could do to "dock" it.

Any suggestions, other than just buying an F-Type?

Thanks,

Myron

PS, here's a picture of my car with the phone plugged in and not playing music, in case you were wondering.

Are you using the Jaguar iPad cable to the Bovee bit - or does the Bovee come with its own cable?
    I’m wondering if it made any difference.

And to be honest, if I has snow on the ground like Michigan my car would be in the garage
    500 horses and four-inches of snow just don’t go well together....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast