Thread: glovebox removal

Post Thanks / Like

glovebox removal

Can anyone please advise how to remove the glovebox from my 1965 mk 2? The dashboard top is off, as is the panel underneath. I can see the two securing nuts on the right hand side, but can't see how it's secured on the left hand side UK right hand drive car). I would appreciate any advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    On an S Type which I would assume is going to be the same as the Mk2 the glove box liner is screwed to the back of the wooden fascia which has to be removed to take out the glove box liner. There are two 7/16 nuts to the right which secure the frame to the centre section. On the left side there is a single 7/16 nut which faces down into the foot well attaching a bracket to the back of the wooden facia. It is between the side of the car and the glove box liner and difficult to see unless you are upside down in the footwell with your feet over the back of the front seat. lol. Remove this single 7/16 nut and the wooden fascia should lift up off the bracket allowing it to be removed. Hope this helps. I tried to upload a photo but this stupid forum has a meagre 3.8 mb allowance which I have tried to surpassed many a time and failed. A picture paints a thousand words but we cannot add more than a dozen photos in our life time. Stupid system.
    Rob.C.
    1968 Jaguar S Type 3.4 Auto Old English white
    2006 X type SE 2.0d Estate
    1966 Ford Anglia 1760 X flow
    1993 Yamaha FJ1200
    2012 Old English Sheep Dog White and Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for that. Much appreciated