Thread: Air bag light on constantly

Post Thanks / Like

Air bag light on constantly

Hi all I have searched the forum so as not to waste time but seem to have found nothing on the above subject. I took my 2005 x type estate for mot this week and it failed on the airbag light which stays on constantly, it was on last year but passed, can I turn this of by logging it onto computer or does anyone here have any ideas how to cure this, when I start up the light flashes for a while then goes out, after a few mins it comes on again constantly. any help from all you knowledgable people here would be appreciated.

Paul
    x type 2.0 d estate 2005 86,000 miles blue. Location Blackpool.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this issue a week or so after picking up my XF, apparently a bad connection in the front passenger seatbelt wiring was to blame...

17MY XF 20d 180PS manual in Carpathian Grey Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X270 View Post
    I had this issue a week or so after picking up my XF, apparently a bad connection in the front passenger seatbelt wiring was to blame...
    well I had all seats out cleaned all connections put a new seatbelt pretensioner on passenger side cos iffy and light still on ended up with a sparky fault was under dash somewhere. thanks for the reply.
    x type 2.0 d estate 2005 86,000 miles blue. Location Blackpool.

Paul