Thread: Jaguar Xf 3.0D 275hp issues engine power reduced

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar Xf 3.0D 275hp issues engine power reduced

Hello,

My name is Flo and I'm from Austria.
    I just purchased a Jaguar XF 3.0d with the 275hp its from 2009.

On the drive home I got a message that told me that the engine power is reduced.

Fault codes I read with the tester where:

P006A
    P00BD
    P2263
    P0235

I already cleaned the maf sensors and the one sensor that is in the intake I think it's the pressure/temp sensor?

So when the fault displays I hear strange noises from the area of the air box just as it blows out air when you push the gas pedal and the rpm fall down then there is the noise but only when it is in power reduced mode with the message on the speedometer.

When I clean the codes I can try in sport mode to accelerate hard and for a short amount of time there is no issue and the Jag pulls strong like he'll so I can't believe that I have a leakage also I removed the air box and checked all the hoses I can reach they are good.

What you guys think?
    Should I just buy all the sensor and replace them or has somebody a solution or a similar problem solved?

Thanks alot!

Regards Flo

Post Thanks / Like
    Check that all the hoses are secured to the intercooler as one of them is known to blow out slightly, if it has you can normally see a bit of colour showing between the pipe and the intercooler (I think it's orange or purple from memory).
    If all the hoses are secured then the intercooler is probably blown as it's a common fault on the XFS as the plastic parts of the intercooler usually split. It's roughly £300 - 400 for the intercooler and parts and about 4 hours labour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I checked them and didn't see anything.
    I also cleaned the maf and the map sensor yesterday and the reduced power mode just shows up straight after I begin the test drive.
    I let it stand till today morning and took it in the morning for a test drive - I drove about 1,5h without the reduced power message showing up I really tried hard that it isn't just luck I pushed it hard but no errors so far.
    Could it be that the sensor still had some cleaner on them yesterday?

If there is a leak somewhere it should have showed up by now?

I think the best way at the moment is to try if the error comes back if not in a few days I think the cleaning helped and I order new two maf and the map sensor and replace them cause it will come back again I think 🤔

Regards flo

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be good to check as well your intake manifolds if you did not find anything on the intercooler. It is not uncommon that manifolds would crack, especially so with the ’S’ version of 3.0d. Take off the engine plastic cover and check for any oil/moisture on top of the manifolds. If there is any then there is most likely a crack as well. If you google for this there is plenty of info helping you to check this. It is an issue on Land and Range Rovers as well.

-m