Thread: Why oh why, oh why....... (Remembering the old program 'Points of View') ........

Post Thanks / Like

Why oh why, oh why....... (Remembering the old program 'Points of View') ........

I can't believe it could be so difficult to just get the cost of each repeat subscription.

I had an email for Jaguar Remote = £36.
    But still cannot find a price for the Remote Premium.

Why the secret? Have I got to phone up again? Why the email to renew the Remote and not both?

Also the maps renewal..... how much?

I have been through the Jaguar pages, and link after link......

Smarty
    My Jaguar is - XF Portfolio 2.0 2017 Diesel
    I also have a SWB Ford Transit for our dogs (5 Newfoundands and 2 English Cocker Spaniels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I can't believe it could be so difficult to just get the cost of each repeat subscription.

I had an email for Jaguar Remote = £36.
    But still cannot find a price for the Remote Premium.

Why the secret? Have I got to phone up again? Why the email to renew the Remote and not both?

Also the maps renewal..... how much?

I have been through the Jaguar pages, and link after link......

Smarty
    Good Morning Smarty,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that the renewal price in the EU markets for InControl are as follows:

1 year subscription to InControl Remote (Including premium where applicable): £36
    1 year subscription to InControl Remote and Secure: £260

For the latest map updates to be available to you, you will need to renew your map license through Here.com. There you will find the prices dependent on which map update you choose.

To do this please see the below process:

1. Visithttps://www.jaguar.here.com/
    2. Sign in to your navigation account, or register if you do not yet have a navigation account.
    3. Click on MAPS &SERVICESfound on the top site navigation bar.
    4. If you vehicle has not yet been linked to your navigation account click ADD VEHICLE.
    If you have a linked vehicle please skip to step 7.
    5. Enter your vehicle’s VIN number and click search. This step would be required for vehicle’s which are not connected.
    6. Alternatively if the vehicle is connected follow the instructions that appear on screen. They will request you log into your navigation account via the vehicle’s touchscreen to link the accounts the vehicle with your account.
    Connectivity is required for this step – This can beprovided through a mobile data SIM or Wi-Fi connection.
    7. After following steps 1-3, select the applicable vehicle to renew the navigationservicessubscription for.
    8. Click add to basket by the subscription you would like to purchase. NOTE: It is important to ensure that you select the correct region for your location AND either a 1 or 3 year subscription term.
    9. Click checkout and complete your purchase

I hope this has answered your query. Should you have any further quwstions please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Yours Sincerely

Dan - Jaguar UK

Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice.

3. Thanks Smarty thanked for this post
    Likes Smarty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon,

Can I ask have you followed your own links and vised what the customer sees?

When I have viewed this location, which I did prior to contacting you, it does not give the renewal price for the current subscribed held to be renewed.

When you look on the right hand side of the screen you just see the following...... (no renewal cost for the one year or 3 year options?)

Subscription Expires
    2020-03-09

Get latest version.

There are costs for all the maps I dont have..... do I assume the cost is the same as other areas of the world?

Could you not change the red button to 'Get latest version for.... (then the cost) ..... or similar......

Thank you

Smarty
    I also have a SWB Ford Transit for our dogs (5 Newfoundands and 2 English Cocker Spaniels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I also ask what do the following have features for...

Remote
    Remote Premium
    Remote and Secure

I have tried to find out exactly what each has but some features seem to overlap...

Thank you

Smarty

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I also ask what do the following have features for...

Remote
    Remote Premium
    Remote and Secure

I have tried to find out exactly what each has but some features seem to overlap...

Thank you

Smarty
    Good Afternoon Smarty,

Thank you for your reply.

As a guide to what each variant of InControl includes please see below:

• InControl Remote (allows view vehicle status)

The Smartphone App lets you prepare for a trip by checking fuel levels and range remotely. You can find your vehicle in a crowded car park and check if you have left doors or windows open. You can also download your journeys to assist in claiming business mileage expenses. The SOS Emergency Call will bring the emergency services to the exact location of the vehicle and, in the unlikely event of a breakdown, the Optimised Land Rover Assistance will use GPS and vehicle health information to minimise delay.

• InControl Remote Premium (allows interaction with vehicle status)

Land Rover InControl Remote Premium upgrades you the Remote Essential Smartphone App with a set of features which allow you to remotely interact with your vehicle. Land Rover InControl Remote Premium app will allow you to find your car in a crowded car-park by using the map function with the added benefit of remote Beep and Flash. You can also remotely lock or unlock your vehicle and precondition the cabin (may not be available on all vehicles) to a comfortable temperature ahead of time.

• InControl Secure

Land Rover InControl Secure uses advanced tracking technology to automatically alert you when your vehicle is stolen, and to signal the specific location of your vehicle to local law enforcement for a timely recovery.

I hope this has answered your question.

Yours Sincerely

Dan - Jaguar UK
    Please note that although Jaguar Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any direct technical advice.

7. Thanks Smarty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response, I still could do with confirmation of the actual cost of renewal for the maps.

Also I renewed my I control on the 18th of Febrary 2020 (as it expires o the 9th of March).

I have received an email stating my InControl will still expire on the 9th of March 2020, is this correct as the mo ey came out of my account to Jaguar.

Thank you.

Smarty

Post Thanks / Like
    Renewal of maps on touch pro is £89 for 1 year or £129 for 3 years. It only lets you renew when the existing subscription for the maps has expired.

Check your subscription end date on the Jaguar incontrol remote app in more>subscriptions.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

10. Thanks Smarty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the help so far........

If it had been explained by Ian D earlier about the purchase option not appearing till it ran out, I would have just waited for today to renew.

The only one thing to run out today now is the 'Pro Services' which I think my be linked to the maps?

If not, can you let me know how do I renew this item....... it says this is part of the Jaguar InControl Pro Services which adds to a suite of connectivity features to the infotainment system including Connected Navigation services, Live and in car WiFi hotspot.

The reason I have renewed the maps was just to keep these features.

Can you advise?

Thank you

Smarty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the help so far........

If it had been explained by Ian D earlier about the purchase option not appearing till it ran out, I would have just waited for today to renew.

The only one thing to run out today now is the 'Pro Services' which I think my be linked to the maps?

If not, can you let me know how do I renew this item....... it says this is part of the Jaguar InControl Pro Services which adds to a suite of connectivity features to the infotainment system including Connected Navigation services, Live and in car WiFi hotspot.

The reason I have renewed the maps was just to keep these features.

Can you advise?

Thank you

Smarty
    Good Morning Smarty,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

For InControlProServicesto be updated,you must ensure your map license has been renewed, or follow theprocess below.

1. Visit www.here.com/jaguar

2. Sign in to your navigation account, or register if you do not yet have a navigation account.
    3. Click on MAPS &SERVICESfound on the top site navigation bar.
    4. If you vehicle has not yet been linked to your navigation account click ADD VEHICLE.
    If you have a linked vehicle please skip to step 7.
    5. Enter your vehicle’s VIN number and click search. This step would be required for vehicle’s which are not connected.
    6. Alternatively if the vehicle is connected follow the instructions that appear on screen. They will request you log into your navigation account via the vehicle’s touchscreen to link the accounts the vehicle with your account.
    Connectivity is required for this step – This can beprovided through a mobile data SIM or Wi-Fi connection.
    7. After following steps 1-3, select the applicable vehicle to renew the navigationservicessubscription for.
    8. Click add to basket by the subscription you would like to purchase. NOTE: It is important to ensure that you select the correct region for your location AND either a 1 or 3 year subscription term.
    9. Click checkout and complete your purchase

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s the latest prices from Jaguar UK as of 04/08/2020

12 months - £36 (Remote)
    12 months- £260 (Remote & Secure)
    24 months – £57.60 (Remote)
    24 months - £416.00 (Remote & Secure)

XJ Portfolio 3.0d 2016/17 Illuminated Tread Plates and Boot Trim, Remote boot closure.
    Remapped to 345bhp and 780nm torque...surprisingly quick!!

Previous Jags

XFS 3.0 380bhp Supercharged 2015/16 with all the toys
    XE 2.0 Portfolio 2015/16 in Celestial Black and fully loaded
    XF Sportbrake 2.2 Portfolio 2014/15
    XF Premium Luxury 3.0 2013
    XF Premium Luxury 2.7 2008
    S Type 2.7 Diesel Sport 2005
    X Type 2.5 V6 AWD Estate 2004
    S Type 3.0 SE V6 petrol 1999