Page 191 of 200 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1993

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

  1. #1901
    Senior Member mac_doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Gosport
    Posts
    4,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    To qualify ones opinion on the basis of an exam is no basis.
    What on earth does that mean in context? Can you please explain?
    If I was to hazard a guess, it would be a tongue-in-cheek representation of the apparent situation that the news media are appointing "experts" with no regard for actual qualification. I share this opinion.

    ... or it may mean that J-B thinks qualifications are overrated, I suppose. I don't share this opinion.

  2. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
  3. #1902
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    5,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    If I was to hazard a guess, it would be a tongue-in-cheek representation of the apparent situation that the news media are appointing "experts" with no regard for actual qualification. I share this opinion.

    ... or it may mean that J-B thinks qualifications are overrated, I suppose. I don't share this opinion.

    Perhaps the only qualification that can make any opinion the law is 'I'm your Mother'.

    Another example in my life was a lot of clinitians who's incorrect diagnosis was correct as far as they were concerned because they were qualified as medical Doctors and I wasn't. But they are wrong.

    Education is an essential thing, what I'm saying is that to qualify an opinion based on the status of the person making it and not by delivering supportive evidence is nonsense.

  4. Likes mac_doctor liked this post
  5. #1903
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet no one tells this guy to wear a mask:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-54163293
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  6. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
  7. #1904
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wilds of North Norfolk
    Posts
    5,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    I note that Bolton is now a 'hot spot' for CV19.... also a 'hot spot' for BAME population, could there be a connection?
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a purple Vauxhall Viva (2017)auto for 'er indoors.

  8. Dislikes SV8Predator disliked this post
  9. #1905
    Senior Member Zero123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    I note that Bolton is now a 'hot spot' for CV19.... also a 'hot spot' for BAME population, could there be a connection?
    Put that on Twitter and you'll get crucified!
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

    2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

  10. #1906
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Further up the creek.
    Posts
    1,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    Put that on Twitter and you'll get crucified!
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    I note that Bolton is now a 'hot spot' for CV19.... also a 'hot spot' for BAME population, could there be a connection?
    Go and write that on a big poster and stick it on your front door. You'll soon have the police knocking. Hate speech, pure and simple.
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3 litre
    2012 BMW Z4 M-Sport
    2016 Vauxhall GTC

  11. Dislikes E30MW disliked this post
  12. #1907
    Senior Member Rowley_1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Jct 6 M25
    Posts
    1,882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Therein lies a modern day problem. Suggesting something that in all seriousness could be fact but it's not deemed acceptable to say so for other reasons. Simple speciousness or purely unprogressive. Help me out here people ...

    A worryingly high proportion of fatalities as a result of coronavirus are from ethnic minority groups. (Source - Office for National Statistics).

    There is clear evidence that covid-19 does not affect all population groups equally and that BAME groups are more likely to test positive for covid-19 than those identifying as White British. (Source - Public Health England).

    This information is openly available and in the public domain. You may not like what you read but this is reality.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

  13. Likes Jimbov8, payno, E30MW liked this post
  14. #1908
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Further up the creek.
    Posts
    1,008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Therein lies a modern day problem. Suggesting something that in all seriousness could be fact but it's not deemed acceptable to say so for other reasons. Simple speciousness or purely unprogressive. Help me out here people ...

    A worryingly high proportion of fatalities as a result of coronavirus are from ethnic minority groups. (Source - Office for National Statistics).

    There is clear evidence that covid-19 does not affect all population groups equally and that BAME groups are more likely to test positive for covid-19 than those identifying as White British. (Source - Public Health England).

    This information is openly available and in the public domain. You may not like what you read but this is reality.

    You are completely missing the point. What was his reason for posting?
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3 litre
    2012 BMW Z4 M-Sport
    2016 Vauxhall GTC

  15. Dislikes E30MW disliked this post
  16. #1909
    Senior Member Rowley_1812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Jct 6 M25
    Posts
    1,882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
    You are completely missing the point. What was his reason for posting?
    With respect do you know?

    Whether or not the post to which I responded was intended as derogatory, demeaning, sarcastic or discriminatory, only the poster will be able to tell us.

    My response was aimed neither at the reason or emphatic effect nor with the intention of being judgemental in any way, I was simply stating some facts.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

  17. Likes E30MW, Jimbov8 liked this post
  18. #1910
    Senior Member idrobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cheddar
    Posts
    1,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
    I bet no one tells this guy to wear a mask:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-54163293
    Love the last paragraph of the article
    "While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin - especially when still attached to the snake."
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    4.2 2004 (04) XK8 Silver
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

  19. Likes Jag-Black, Zero123 liked this post
Page 191 of 200 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •