Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartw View Post
    Her Maj on the phone to Boris gave me a warm nostalgic feeling.
    Bit like when Croc Dundee shows the oiks a REAL knife.
    There was EIIR with a classic time-warp handset of the fifties.
    Good on yer gal.
    Now that's a phone; not these namby pamby so called smart phones which are only as smart as the clown using them!
    OK, admission time - I can just about make a phone call on an i(diot)phone, and not a lot else.

Attachment 33084
    We still use a phone like that at home (it's a modern version of the old B.T. phone )...

Don't tell the millennials....They'll all want one .....Calling it "retro style "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterthejagman View Post
    We still use a phone like that at home (it's a modern version of the old B.T. phone )...

Don't tell the millennials....They'll all want one .....Calling it "retro style "
    That model,is a BT 746 it came out around 1970. The white one the Queen is using is on a PABX internal telephone system as it has a recall button on the top which is used for transferring calls. I think she is in Windsor at the moment..

I must of read it somewhere as I can’t possibly be that old !!!
    XK 150 4.2 2006 black convertible

Post Thanks / Like
    Slightly hypocritical 'cos I'm guilty too ... but let's try and respect the 'stay on topic' mantra for General Chat, especially for this subject eh?

Just seen a great quote ...

"The virus doesn't move, people move it!
    If we stop moving the virus stops moving."

No ifs, no buts, no maybes!

#stayathome ... it could save lives!
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

4. Likes Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I share a point with you all please because my idea of 'common sense' is being seriously doubted. We live 10 miles from a major town were I can purcase fuel (pay at pump) for the car and food for us (scan as u shop) and meet minimal others. Additionally I can also take the dog for a walk in an isolated wood. All in one journey. I am informed this is not an 'essential' journey and I should stay at home. Here, if I walk out to the village shop I would meet several people who all want to chat, pay conventionally for food and cannot purchase fuel for the car. As for walking the dog and taking exercise, I would meet many others doing the same and the local park is closed as well as being dog free! Who is being sensible here?
    An old salty with a penchant for cars. Currently have a Sovereign 2.2d X Type in metallic Graphite 58@76k miles and the wife has a 2.0d X Type in Chilli Red 58@108k miles plus a summer Volvo C70 in blue.

6. Likes Mackem159 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have promised the wife I'll take her on a grand holiday as soon as this pandemic is over. Put a map of the World up in the kitchen and gave her a dart and said wherever it lands is where we'll go. Turns out we are spending two weeks behind the fridge...

8. Likes Trooper, Mackem159, E30MW, seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Have promised the wife I'll take her on a grand holiday as soon as this pandemic is over. Put a map of the World up in the kitchen and gave her a dart and said wherever it lands is where we'll go. Turns out we are spending two weeks behind the fridge...
    Should save you a bit of your 80% wage,then....

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

10. Likes Frank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bit sexist from the Beeb, I guess they slipped up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health...res-looks-like
    Seems women need the aid of a familiar object to determine a 2m distance.
    One way to get the brush-off I guess!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    Should save you a bit of your 80% wage,then....

Unfortunately she is claiming it represents the Sahara - warm and dusty!

13. Likes seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Unfortunately she is claiming it represents the Sahara - warm and dusty!
    I rest my case!

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Progress View Post
    Can I share a point with you all please because my idea of 'common sense' is being seriously doubted. We live 10 miles from a major town were I can purcase fuel (pay at pump) for the car and food for us (scan as u shop) and meet minimal others. Additionally I can also take the dog for a walk in an isolated wood. All in one journey. I am informed this is not an 'essential' journey and I should stay at home. Here, if I walk out to the village shop I would meet several people who all want to chat, pay conventionally for food and cannot purchase fuel for the car. As for walking the dog and taking exercise, I would meet many others doing the same and the local park is closed as well as being dog free! Who is being sensible here?
    It's a matter of interpretation. Whoever's informing you that it's not an essential journey has a point, but equally you have a point. You find yourself in an impasse so all you can do is make the decision with which you feel most comfortable to justify should any questions arise.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast