Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment please..............

Post Thanks / Like

Enlightenment please..............

Could anyone enlighten me. On Sunday I did the usual 'stretch the wheels' run up to Waitrose for my free cup of coffee, paper and bit of shopping. Coffee cup filled. Found a tasty treat. Collected my paper. Did a small amount of shopping. One of the requests from Mrs FrankC was to pick up a couple of toilet rolls and a bottle of Omega 3 fish oil tablets I take to keep my joints supple. Anyway I turned the corner to the toilet roll asile and it was completely empty. A HUGE long shelf devoid of every toilet roll. I only wanted two. Nothing at all for the length of the shop.

Next collect a bottle of Omega 3 every item with the word "immune" on it had been taken.

I do not get it. Obviously its people panic buying. But why?????????????? What the &*&*^ has toilet rolls got to do with the C virus??? So you catch the bug but 20 toilet rolls are not going to help you.

Does anyone understand the logic of buying massive amounts of toilet rolls? Perhaps I can understand a little with the vitamin pills but again taking huge amounts of vits etc is just a waste of time. A standard dose will work just as well.

So come on what am I missin??
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

2. Likes rchiv, Ian D, thebiglad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm as confused as you Frank. I guess some media outlet makes a ****** stupid comment, based on nothing factual, about panic buying and bingo, off most people go. Straight to the supermarkets and load up their vehicles with toilet rolls, (in this case). What the heck has corona virus got to do with toilet rolls. Sheep, the lot of 'em.
    I mentioned to HI yesterday that is we don't stock up on toilet paper we could well end up in the ****, so we're dashing out early today to, err, acquire a few.
    1998 XK8 coupe, Antigua blue, stainless sports exhaust system, tensioners replaced - low mileage, reverse sensors fitted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs C works in a Boots store, so you can imagine the nonsense she has been putting up with - masks, hand gels, wipes, alcohols, anything with the word immune inferred.... just stupid.

As for bog roll, we sort of buy in bulk from Costco anyway, simply because that is how they sell it and it is cheaper. We were last there a while before all this kicked off, and hopefully it will be all done and dusted by the time it is all over. If not, we have a bulk pack of kitchen rolls, then a good half dozen bags of clothes that were to go to recycling that could be cut up and put into rotation with buckets of bleach and being boil washed, and of course if all that fails, then it falls to simply washing manually. Not pleasant, but not the end of the world.
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

5. Likes thebiglad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The theory is pants. I guess people think if they have to self isolate the most important thing to have is enough bog roll as they crap themselves with fear?

I dunno, in my past I've had to use a spnge and a tap when I was recovering from the last operation. Good hot water and soap kills most things. And bleach of course, that kills everything...
    2001 3.0 SE Auto, Satnav, winter pack. Dark Blue, all the toys.
    2004 3.0 Sovereign Estate. Winter pack. Fixed. For Sale.
    2005 Estate X type 2.2 Sport.
    2000 V8 3.2 XJ8 LWB. "Prom" car. Lovely. Should sell this one too really...
    2005 "AllyCat", 3.0 XJ6 SE.
    2000 S type 4.0 V8. Latest toy.
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Still beating cancer. Trevor 2, Cancer 0.

Sure I took the Red pill....

7. Likes rchiv, Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess our Bidet's will come in handy then.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

9. Likes Lost it liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. A pity they aren't a standard fixture in the UK I guess.

Isn't everyone stocking up with Pasta as well? Eating lots of Pasta doesn't seem to have helped the Italians that much...
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbeliere View Post
    Well, I guess our Bidet's will come in handy then.
    Not hard to jump in the shower and nearly everyone has a shower these days
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

12. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I'm not advocating using Bleach to clean your nether regions...
    VFR800A and a VFR 800F

14. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that 20 second hand clean last night. Pointless. I'd been in the workshop all day and my hands were still filthy!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

16. Likes taffyhornblower liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    Could anyone enlighten me. On Sunday I did the usual 'stretch the wheels' run up to Waitrose for my free cup of coffee, paper and bit of shopping. Coffee cup filled. Found a tasty treat. Collected my paper. Did a small amount of shopping. One of the requests from Mrs FrankC was to pick up a couple of toilet rolls and a bottle of Omega 3 fish oil tablets I take to keep my joints supple. Anyway I turned the corner to the toilet roll asile and it was completely empty. A HUGE long shelf devoid of every toilet roll. I only wanted two. Nothing at all for the length of the shop.

Next collect a bottle of Omega 3 every item with the word "immune" on it had been taken.

I do not get it. Obviously its people panic buying. But why?????????????? What the &*&*^ has toilet rolls got to do with the C virus??? So you catch the bug but 20 toilet rolls are not going to help you.

Does anyone understand the logic of buying massive amounts of toilet rolls? Perhaps I can understand a little with the vitamin pills but again taking huge amounts of vits etc is just a waste of time. A standard dose will work just as well.

So come on what am I missin??
    Apparently, the rumour went around that toilet paper was made in China (a lot is indeed made there but not ALL toilet paper); that triggered off panic buying as some people seemed to think they'd never be able to buy anything from China ever again.

"I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

18. Likes fat controller, S-Type Owner liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast