Thread: DEF low, then Restricted Performance, now car not starting - coincidence?

Post Thanks / Like

DEF low, then Restricted Performance, now car not starting - coincidence?

Hi Hope someone can advise...

I got a DEF Adblue low orange a couple of weeks ago. I looked into the vehicle info and found it had 1200 miles to go to DEF empty. So thought I could do that any time this month as mileage is low due to "work at home" mode.
    Then yesterday the car flashed up a red "Restricted Performance" . I wondered if it was related to the previous "Low DEF".
    Planned to drive to the dealer this morning and then the care would not start. Every warning message you can imagine AEB not available, Gearbox fault..
    Ignition only stays on a couple of seconds.
    Got RAC out to look at it. They couldn't read the error codes because ignition only stays on a few seconds.
    Going to have it towed to garage on Monday. Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Silly question, did you top up the DEF?
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when the car wouldn’t start I added the adblue (3L). Car auto gear selector does not come up & lots of messages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, bu99er.

Hope you get it sorted ok.

Good luck.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Battery OK?