Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questionable customer service

Post Thanks / Like

Questionable customer service

It is a known problem with the JLR Ingenium engine that it can produce whine from the Turbo or more commonly from the balance shaft bearings requiring an engine strip down. The latest declaration from JLR is that because this is now not considered a safety critical issue they have withdrawn loan cars whilst the warranty problem is fixed by the dealer. With this further decline in the level of customer service from JLR no wonder they are in the mess that they are in and customers are returning to the German brands.
    Rejected 2 new F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. Pride and joy is my 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

2. Thanks payno thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a "How to use the forum" type question is it? You'd be best posting in a more appropriate section of the forum.
    2000 Jaguar X308 4.0
    1973 Jensen Interceptor Mk III 7.2
    1969 Jensen Interceptor Mk I 6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I was sure that I had posted under General.Apologies but not sure how to move it now.
    Last edited by Hydrajaws; 16-03-20 at 17:49.
    Rejected 2 new F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. Pride and joy is my 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ian will move it for you you'll find him here https://www.jaguarforum.com/member.php?u=3903
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread moved, have you tried another dealer? Sometimes they vary with what they’ll offer you.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    My diesel has a bit of a turbo whine, particularly when cold, which I confess I assumed was just a characteristic of the engine - is this something I need to be speaking to a dealer about whilst it is under warranty?
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    JLR have usually provided loan cars when Jaguar assist are called and cannot fix the problem. This latest directive to the dealers is not great as I understand JLR will not pay for the dealers own loan cars either for this particular problem with the Ingenium engine so will leave many customers angry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fat controller View Post
    My diesel has a bit of a turbo whine, particularly when cold, which I confess I assumed was just a characteristic of the engine - is this something I need to be speaking to a dealer about whilst it is under warranty?
    Definitely get it checked out as it is a known issue. Our Family Range Rover Velar developed a whine after 7000 miles which was the balance shaft bearings and the engine was stripped to repair but at least then we had a loan car for the 10 weeks the car was off the road.

10. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has developed a whine after 40 years of marriage do you think JLR will fix her? Also suffers from big end wobble. If they can would I also be able to get a loan wife whilst she is being fixed? Preferably a younger sportier model with large bumpers, for safety reasons?
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.
    [SIZE=4]

For a list of most topics written in this 'Story' Please click here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    My wife has developed a whine after 40 years of marriage do you think JLR will fix her? Also suffers from big end wobble. If they can would I also be able to get a loan wife whilst she is being fixed? Preferably a younger sportier model with large bumpers, for safety reasons?
    Oh Frank, you're getting brave!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast