Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTEK connection with BMS

Post Thanks / Like

CTEK connection with BMS

This link, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ja...clFh--jKwDJ7M: shows the Jaguar recommended way of connecting the CTEK maintainer. Some people have had trouble following the above diagram so, here is mine connected in the above manner.

First, the positive,

Now the negative,

And all back together,

I could hide the connector below the boot floor however, it doesn’t get in the way and I’m not inclined to cut holes in the panels to fit a comfort panel.

This is aimed primarily at XK owners though it can easily be adapted for other models.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

2. Thanks fat controller, Trooper, payno thanked for this post
    Likes fat controller, Trooper, payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post! I have my new comfort connector sitting, but have been too lazy to connect it up yet.
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

4. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    An excellent post as usual, i've got one query about the Ctek Instructions mention about having ventilation when charging the Battery. Some members have mentioned about charging for 4 or 5 weeks when away on holiday so i take it there's not much to worry about on that Front.

To get the Stop/Start Working the Ford Garage fitted a New Higher Rating Battery but it doesn't have a Ventilation/ExpansionTube connected like the old Battery, would this make a difference when charging.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards Tom.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Light Oyster Leather /Oyster Carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

6. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be some sort of ventilation on the battery Tom. Assuming they have fitted an automotive battery then charging within the car shouldn’t be a problem.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

8. Thanks Trooper thanked for this post
    Likes Trooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    An excellent post as usual, i've got one query about the Ctek Instructions mention about having ventilation when charging the Battery. Some members have mentioned about charging for 4 or 5 weeks when away on holiday so i take it there's not much to worry about on that Front.

To get the Stop/Start Working the Ford Garage fitted a New Higher Rating Battery but it doesn't have a Ventilation/ExpansionTube connected like the old Battery, would this make a difference when charging.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards Tom.
    A new battery that has venting will usually have one or maybe two small plugs (often red) in the vent holes.
    These must be removed on installation.
    Hope your Ford chap removed them.
    The world is my lobster! (with a few Coronavirus restrictions)
    Workhorse: "Ounce" - White Jag X-Type Estate 2.2D 2009 Executive auto.
    Fun: "La Gata Negra" - All black (Haria) Pug RCZ 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.
    Runabout: "Purple People Eater" - Purple Pug 108 1.2 PureTech 2016 Top fully loaded.
    Sack shifter: "Animal" - Dirty Linhai 300 4x4 ATV 2007.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartw View Post
    A new battery that has venting will usually have one or maybe two small plugs (often red) in the vent holes.
    These must be removed on installation.
    Hope your Ford chap removed them.
    I've googled the Battery and it says regulated venting, so i'll have a look in the next day or two and check for any red plugs.
    Many thanks.
    Regards Tom.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Light Oyster Leather /Oyster Carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gas can only escape when internal pressure exceeds the rating of the pressure valve on a battery that as regulated venting this can happen if the battery gets to hot or over charged

12. Thanks Trooper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know what size the studs/bolts are on a 2017 XF? I went to install this today, and like a muppet I have bought the comfort connector with 10mm ends on it, and just looking at the studs on the car I can see that it is way too big. Are they 8 or 6mm?
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

Post Thanks / Like
    M8 should be the size FC.
    Jim.

15. Likes fat controller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim - I am tempted just to whack a washer on the top as it is only 2mm different

17. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast