Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If DVLA says 111g/km for a 2015 2.0D R-Sport is it definitely the 178BHP Model?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JagDH View Post
    I didn’t actually realise about the tax band changes in 2017 until after I found 2 x XE that I was considering....a 2017 and a 2015.

The 2015 was £2K cheaper and had a better spec but 10K more on the clock. It also seemed better maintained from the service records and fact the tyres all matches as you would expect on a car like this that’s been cared for.

Only after I decided on the 2015 did I find out there’s a big difference in tax.
    Yes the VED for the diesel engines went up quite a lot for XE's registered from April 17 onwards and if the list price including options was over 40K its an additional £320 per year on top of the £145 for the first 5 years. With some of the top model XE's it would be easy to push the price over 40K with a few extras so its a real minefield! At the moment looking for another car is just not possible but when I am able to do this I'll probably look for an 2017 XE registered before April
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.X.T View Post
    Yes the VED for the diesel engines went up quite a lot for XE's registered from April 17 onwards and if the list price including options was over 40K its an additional £320 per year on top of the £145 for the first 5 years. With some of the top model XE's it would be easy to push the price over 40K with a few extras so its a real minefield! At the moment looking for another car is just not possible but when I am able to do this I'll probably look for an 2017 XE registered before April
    I was quite lucky with mine. Registered on 23 March 2017 and at a guess around £45k list price at the time. Having said that it's an 'OV' reg car so I doubt the paperwork says anything like that!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12