Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If DVLA says 111g/km for a 2015 2.0D R-Sport is it definitely the 178BHP Model?

Post Thanks / Like

If DVLA says 111g/km for a 2015 2.0D R-Sport is it definitely the 178BHP Model?

As per title really. DVLA says the emissions are 111g/km when I enter the Reg for a 2015 XE R-Sport diesel. Is this enough to confirm the car is definitely the 178BHP model?

The used dealership lists it as the 178BHP but I just wanted to check. Pretty sure this means it IS the 178BHP as the 163bhp is tax free I believe.

Any advice welcome.

Many thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is a 2015 r sport 163bhp auto and my tax is £20. I believe the manual is free tax.

Post Thanks / Like
    The tax on this one is £30 a year. Sounds like the one I am entering is the 178BHP model. If anybody has any other way to check for sure that info would be greatly received.

I doubt there’s much of a noticeable difference between the 163 and 178 but interested to know for sure what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkers View Post
    Mine is a 2015 r sport 163bhp auto and my tax is £20. I believe the manual is free tax.
    Don’t suppose you can tell me what you get for emissions g/km if you enter your reg on the following page?

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I would expect (if my assumptions are correct) you’d get 99g/km if it’s the 163BHP where as the one I’m entering is 111g/km. I think this is the difference between the 163 and 178 HP engines from 2015.

Post Thanks / Like
    its saying 106 g/km

Post Thanks / Like
    Had been considering an XE although that's on hold now ! From what I can see it's not that straightforward! - the 163PS is 106g/km, the 180PS ranges from 109g/km to 111g/km dependent on which trim level the car is - a Jag dealer told me this is due to the size of the wheels the R sport and Portfolio have larger wheels than the Prestige and SE which affects emissions slightly. But if its an XE with AWD its 123g/km which is several tax groups higher. Everything changed in 2017 and I think there are some more changes due this April. The VED seems to have got very complex the last few years!!!
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn’t actually realise about the tax band changes in 2017 until after I found 2 x XE that I was considering....a 2017 and a 2015.

The 2015 was £2K cheaper and had a better spec but 10K more on the clock. It also seemed better maintained from the service records and fact the tyres all matches as you would expect on a car like this that’s been cared for.

Only after I decided on the 2015 did I find out there’s a big difference in tax.

It’s an R-Sport w/ 18” wheels and 111g/km emissions so sounds like the advertised 178BHP. Which is good but wouldn’t have been a deal breaker.

8. Likes RWD3M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to confirm I went ahead and bought the car and the original paperwork states that it is the 178BHP model.

It also had 19” wheels not 18” as I thought. These really set he car off nicely IMO. At first I was a bit disappointed it didn’t come with the black pack but the blue colour of the car feels right with the bits of chrome and silver wheels. The window surrounds are actually black curiously which I do prefer but thought they were chrome unless black pack was present.

10. Likes RWD3M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take it that you'll have the R Sport model that has the Black window surrounds.

If You have Twin Exhaust Pipes that are next to each other you'll have the 178 BHP engine, because i think that you can't see any exhaust pipe showing as it's behind Bumper on the 163 BHP engine model.
    Now driving an XF 2017 model 2 litre 180 hp Diesel Portfolio Ammonite Grey and Light Oyster Leather /Oyster Carpets.
    Previous.
    2009 X Type 2:2 Auto Sovereign.
    2008 X Type 2:2 Auto S Basic.
    2005 X Type 2 litre manual SE.

12. Likes stanboy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JagDH View Post
    Just to confirm I went ahead and bought the car and the original paperwork states that it is the 178BHP model.

It also had 19” wheels not 18” as I thought. These really set he car off nicely IMO. At first I was a bit disappointed it didn’t come with the black pack but the blue colour of the car feels right with the bits of chrome and silver wheels. The window surrounds are actually black curiously which I do prefer but thought they were chrome unless black pack was present.
    As is often quoted on another forum I visit 'if there are no photo's, it didn't happen'!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast