Thread: F-Type Ireland - Rip Off Options price list?

Post Thanks / Like

F-Type Ireland - Rip Off Options price list?

Hi All

Have been an owner of jaguars for the last couple of years, currently drive an F-Pace, which i love. and before that i had an XF.

I have been looking at getting the new f type the last few days and so i have been putting together a few different configurations to see what i would like.

What has really annoyed my as a loyal jaguar owner is the stark differences they are charging in the republic of ireland compared to the UK & NI, which is about an hour drive from me.
    Im not giving out about the VRT prices in Ireland, but the stark difference in option prices which cannot be accounted for by VRT.

See below for examples between Jaguar Ireland and Jaguar UK:

Sound System:

Surround System in UK : £990
    Surround System in Ireland : 5,725 E

Paint:

Velocity Blue in UK = £4,500
    Velocity Blue in Ireland = 8,740 E

Wheels

20" Alloys in UK = £1,045
    20" Alloys in Ireland = 2,260 E

Glass

Privacy Glass in UK = £375
    Privacy in Ireland = 750 E

Does anyone know of any reason some of these are priced so highly, they come from the same factory?

Post Thanks / Like
    The joys of being in the EU?
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

3. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akennedy87 View Post
    See below for examples between Jaguar Ireland and Jaguar UK:

Sound System:

Surround System in UK : £990
    Surround System in Ireland : 5,725 E
    Surround System in Germany : 3,007 E

Paint:

Velocity Blue in UK = £4,500
    Velocity Blue in Ireland = 8,740 E
    Velocity Blue in Germany= 5,400 E

Wheels

20" Alloys in UK = £1,045
    20" Alloys in Ireland = 2,260 E
    20" Alloys in Germany= 0-3,956 E depending on the model, so be careful what you are comparing with.

Glass

Privacy Glass in UK = £375
    Privacy in Ireland = 750 E
    Privacy in Germany = 550 E Rear hatch only

Does anyone know of any reason some of these are priced so highly, they come from the same factory?
    The reason is simple. Every market is different and can support varying degrees of profit. Dealer margins might be different as might taxes. But discount levels might also be different. And salaries and cost of living are also difficult to compare. So yes, Jaguar and their dealers try and maximize their profit in whichever market they are active in. Big markets with high sales volumes such as the US are often the cheapest. That is capitalism

I priced up a new F-Type a couple of weeks ago and was astonished how little is standard these days. Add a few "essential" options and the price of the car easily increases by 25% or more.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

5. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RWD3M View Post
    The joys of being in the EU?
    Nope Prices vary across the EU. They don't care where you set your price level. It is down to your marketing department.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.