Thread: My ex XJ x351 New Ownership thread Audi A6 (c7)

Post Thanks / Like

My ex XJ x351 New Ownership thread Audi A6 (c7)

Hi guys having spent the last 9 months on the X351 page of this forum, it was was with a heavy heart that I have traded down for something a little less Jaguar !! However, having enjoyed the craic on this forum, I wanted to remain on here as a non-jaguar member, so have decided to join the outcast section of the forum and start a new thread with my Audi A6 2.0d Ultra SLine Black Edition. I do rack up around 1500-2000 miles/month, and whilst the Big Cat was remarkable fuel economy (averaged 42-44 mpg) over my period of ownership, it still meant I was spending in excess of 」200 a month on the black stuff. Anyway, having previously owned an A4 Cab, and an A5 sport, I was familiar with the brand, however, after the Big Cat, I didn’t want to drop too small a car, so settled on the A6. Found this car thru Autotrader at Carite near Swindon, they offered a good price on my part ex, I loved the colour combo, the test drive went very well, so the deal was done.

Collected the car a week later, by this time Carite had serviced the car (including replacing the front brake pads), fitted new 20inch rubber all round (although not Pirelli P Zero), and a fresh 12 month MOT. Drove the car back from Swindon, and using fast dual carriageways/motorways, it averaged 55mpg by the time I returned home. Given that the car has only covered 2000 miles in the last 9 months, I am sure that figure will increase, not to mention the fact that the car will get a remap this weekend, and a dpf clean, so will update the thread as time goes by.

Missing some of the toys of the Portfolio such as heated steering wheel, and seats, as well as reversing camera, and hard drive storage. However, the Big Cat had a few little grumbles, the batteries were due to be replaced shortly, there were a couple of mysterious electrical grumbles, and the rear passenger door on the drivers side had a mind of its own when deciding whether to unlock or not

Anyway, as is the right thing to do, here are a few pics of the car:

Audi A6 2.0d Ultra SLine Black Edition

Previous

MY2013 XJ 3.0d Portfolio in Metallic Caviar, 20 inch Kasugas, remapped to +300bhp
    1993 XJR 4.0 Supercharged

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hard work never killed anyone....but why take the risk

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

2. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, mac_doctor, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Billy, good to see you back here

A sad day to let the XJ go, but you made the decision that you felt right for you and that's that.

I personally like Audi's, loved my A6 that I had for 7 years before Mrs C had for another 3 and now my daughter has it, almost indestructible. If I had not gone for the XJ X351 it would've been an Audi A8 4.2 Tdi Quattro.

Your new ride looks great Billy, hope you enjoy her

Cheers
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Thanks Billy200 thanked for this post
    Likes Billy200, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Hi Billy, good to see you back here

A sad day to let the XJ go, but you made the decision that you felt right for you and that's that.

I personally like Audi's, loved my A6 that I had for 7 years before Mrs C had for another 3 and now my daughter has it, almost indestructible. If I had not gone for the XJ X351 it would've been an Audi A8 4.2 Tdi Quattro.

Your new ride looks great Billy, hope you enjoy her

Cheers
    Jim
    Thanks Jim, as I mentioned, once the car gets its remap, and DPF cleaned, and it gets used to my journeys, I am hoping to nudge it up to closer to 60mpg, and maybe 800 miles a tank. The remap should give an additional 35bhp/70nms torque, which should equate to 225bhp/470nms ... which will be nice, if no where near the Big Cat 330/700, however it’s around 150-200kgs lighter, which will help.

All the best mate

Previous

MY2013 XJ 3.0d Portfolio in Metallic Caviar, 20 inch Kasugas, remapped to +300bhp

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

6. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be following this with interest as I have an A6 Avant on the list of one of the options to replace my XF
    Current Car: 2013 XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car : Under Consideration
    Previous Car: BMW X5 x40D M Sport

8. Thanks Billy200 thanked for this post
    Likes Billy200, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billy, glad you're still on the forum.

Nice looking motor just watch out for those nice alloys.
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

10. Thanks Billy200 thanked for this post
    Likes Billy200 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Billy, glad you're still on the forum.

Nice looking motor just watch out for those nice alloys.
    Cheers Steve, not made any easier looking after the alloys as this car unlike the Big Cat doesn't have dipping mirrors when in reverse, which I found helpful protecting the Jag alloys.

Previous

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

12. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RatPC View Post
    I'll be following this with interest as I have an A6 Avant on the list of one of the options to replace my XF
    Hi and thanks for the comment, the Avant has a Very good reputation, and yes I will keep this thread updated, starting this weekend once revamped and DPF cleaned. Also have new plate going on the car which starts with A6

Previous

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

14. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys just a quick update, took the car over to my mate who plugged it in and checked the Audi software updates to ensure it was running the latest software, and it was Next he plugged in the hose through the air filter box, and performed a Carbon Clean, which means running the car at 1800 revs for 60 mins. Prior to this he read the ECU, and mailed that to his colleague who rewrote the map whilst the Carbon Clean was taking place. Finally once that was complete he flashed the ECU with the remap, then ran diagnostics and cleared any codes showing from flashing the ECU, rechecked to make sure no outstanding codes...all done!!

Just need to do a few miles to allow the ECU to adapt to the new settings and my driving....All Good!!

Previous

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

16. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking car Billy, hope it works out for you.
    XJ X351 5.0 V8 Portfolio, Black 2011 now on 20k
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=111207
    Range Rover Vogue, 4.2 V8 Supercharged, Grey '08 now on 85k
    http://bit.ly/2kB60lW

Previously

XJ X358 2.7Tdvi Sovereign, Vapour Grey '08 70k
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=98612
    X Type Sport, 3.0 V6, Racing Green '03 plate 80k.
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f69/my-3-0-x-48345.html

18. Thanks Billy200 thanked for this post
    Likes Billy200 liked this post