Thread: Noisey N/S Front suspension

Post Thanks / Like

Noisey N/S Front suspension

Noisey N/s front.
    Hi, I have a 2006 s-type, and when we have dry weather, the n/s front sqeaks. Wet weather is fine.

Please help!?

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit more information would be helpful:

Does the suspension squeak when traversing uneven pavement, e.g. a bump in the road, or when you turn the wheel from center?

I am assuming that you live in the land of the MOT, so presumably your suspension has been inspected within the past 12 months. Generally speaking, squeaks often come from dried out anti-roll bar or shock bushings and creaking sounds come from ball joints that have had water intrusion and now have rusted internal surfaces.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. It’s mainly when travelling generally. Speeds humps And uneven road yes. Squeaks like mad.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are going to have to get the car up in the air and inspect the suspension components. A liberal dosing of silicon spray on the rubber bits (anti-sway bar bushings, for example) may at least temporarily banish the noise.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had the exact same. The squeeking drove me absolutely mad and there was nothing the garage could/wanted to do about it, as all parts were still within specification.

After a month or 2 it vanished as sudden as it came and its been gone for a year and a half now. Recently it started doing the same but on the left rear suspension.... I've given up on it and stopped caring. New car is delivered in 2 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the same problem a couple of years ago creaking over bumps / dry weather really annoying hear mainly when front window was down. I tried spraying all bushes on the front suspension to no avail. took it to my local garage and they found the main bush on the lower wish arm to be seized. The put the car on a MOT ramp that shakes to find the fault. replaced the bush and all good, let us all know how you get on...Gos
    56 plate S type R