Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOT extension due to COVID-19

Post Thanks / Like

MOT extension due to COVID-19

Hi, my MOT and annual service were booked in for this Friday (March 27th) with Inchcape Jaguar in Derby ( a good price under the 3+ Fixed Price scheme), but due to COVID-19 Inchcape have closed all their dealerships including Service/MOTs.

Concerned that my MOT would run out on March 30th and wanting to stay road-legal when out getting my “essential groceries” I yesterday booked my car in with a local MOT station (Alans Test Centre in Burton- a great bunch of car enthusiasts…) for 9am today - car passed with flying colours.

I got home from my “essential trip” only to be told by my good lady that it was announced this morning that MOTs expiring March 30th and onwards are now being given a 6 month extension - oh well………….

Cas
    2015 XFR-S in Polar White with Charcoal Leather & Red Piping and 20" Black/Diamond Cut Wheels (and the wing....)
    (gone is my 2007/07 S-Type R in Lunar Grey, Charcoal/Light Grey Interior and 19" Barcelona wheels)

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the pass Cas, all good for another year

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    I had booked my wife's car in for an MOT next week but will now be canceling it as I now can't really justify the journey as essential. Do we know if the extentsion is for 6 months from end of March or 6 months from the date your MOT expires?
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.X.T View Post
    I had booked my wife's car in for an MOT next week but will now be canceling it as I now can't really justify the journey as essential. Do we know if the extentsion is for 6 months from end of March or 6 months from the date your MOT expires?
    6 months from expiry date as I understand it
    06 X TYPE SOVEREIGN 2.2 D Estate Silver 147k miles

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd still get it done as soon as practicable, otherwise end of September is going to be a very busy time for MOT test bookings.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    The 6-month MOT exemption will extend your current MOT expiry date by 6 months.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...-30-march-2020
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    I'd still get it done as soon as practicable, otherwise end of September is going to be a very busy time for MOT test bookings.
    That was my logic too! hence mine got done today, even though it wasn't due until 26th April
    Current Car: 2013 XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car : Under Consideration
    Previous Car: BMW X5 x40D M Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Please note that even though we have been granted an MoT 'holiday',this does not excuse driving an un-roadworthy vehicle.

So many rely on the MoT tester to discover dangerous faults and even simple stuff like bald tyres.
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post

I would hang on until the last minute Ian, if they have plenty of work on, they might not be so "picky" over trivial..........

I am feeling really fed up, I had my 4x4 MOTed last week, before the extension..........I could have put it off and got another 6 months out of two tyres that I had changed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
    I would hang on until the last minute Ian, if they have plenty of work on, they might not be so "picky" over trivial..........

I am feeling really fed up, I had my 4x4 MOTed last week, before the extension..........I could have put it off and got another 6 months out of two tyres that I had changed
    Take your Pass Certificate back and ask for your money back...........
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast