Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane two club still about

Post Thanks / Like

Lane two club still about

Okey I will be brave, as I can't please everybody. Just wondering if anybody else noticed this on the news last night? The presenter was talking about the lack of cars on the road, then q the film of a empty motorway. I then see two cars bombing up the motorway, in lane TWO. No other traffic on the motorway, and nothing in front of them either. What was all that about? I have never understood the lane hoggers.
    First Jaguar (XF Portfolio 2.0d) and loving it.
    Wife loves the tilt and slide sunroof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Social distancing.

3. Likes Acederby, X270, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LIKE IT!!!!!!! good comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    The laziness of some drivers is infuriating at the best of times! "Oh the left lane filters off in 5 miles so I'm going to bimble along in the middle lane like a "

17MY XF 20d 180PS manual in Carpathian Grey Metallic

6. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
    Likes Acederby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They just don't have the first idea about the Highway code in relation to motorways. They really pee me off big time and it makes me wish I was still in the traffic unit.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

8. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
    Likes X270, Jimbov8, Acederby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the pleasure of still working nights. I go down the M3 and basically I can count on one hand the rest of the traffic I can see, and half of them are sitting in the middle lane. As I am in no rush to get to work I have the cruise control on 70 and I still catch them up. Where are the police when you need them.
    XF 2.0 R Sport 68 plate, white and lots of toys

XF 2.2D R Sport 65 plate and black (of course) and loving the ride

10. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
    Likes X270, Jimbov8, Acederby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Admittedly not actually "correct", but if you are on an empty motorway, admittedly rare, and the first lane is worn out and rutted, one could use the next lane until you see someone in your mirrors, moving over so as not to obstruct anyone catching up with/wanting to pass you.

When there is normal traffic levels, driving by the rules is essential.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

12. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree corbeliere. I don't drive as much as i used to. Manley because it is not an enjoyable experience anymore. My last journey down to Exeter on the M5 I actuality saw a young lady in lane 2 texting Yes TEXTING. That's when I said to her in doors that must be obeyed, it's time a gave up driving!! I'm only 60.....ok 62.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard it said that you can tell a person's job by the way they drive - folks always cutting others up = hairdressers; folks driving out by the middle of the road = bus/lorry drivers. Funny, I didn't know we needed so many gynaecologists in this country........
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

15. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
    Likes X270, Acederby, taffyhornblower liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was driving down the A46 last night, again the road was completely empty except for one driver in my far distant review hogging the outside lane.

Absolutely mindless.
    2067 plate XF 3.0TD-V6 Sport Sportbrake, another ex-demonstrator with all the toys.

2013 XF Sportbrake 3.0TD-V6 Premium Luxury. All the toys that were available.

Previous Jag's. 2001 2.5V6 X type SE Saloon & 2008 2.2TDi X type Sovereign Estate.

17. Thanks Acederby thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast