Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the 2008 XK/RS for keeps ?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 2008 XK/RS for keeps ?

Over the last few months I've been wondering about keeping my present model or going rogue and buying a Continental GT . Now at this point it puts me in a massive dilemma . My car right now is one owner ( me the second )12 years old in pretty good condition with 42k miles from new , and all bodywork has been ceramic treated x2 and I just can't decide weather to make enquiries into an absolutely beautiful GT with extremely low miles in A1 condition OR keep the beauty I have now ? If any member reads this and takes pity on my dilemma , I would rather keep my RS but also buy the GT , so any financial help etc etc .LOL . But back to serious fella's , any thought's ?
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles
    In a very nice condition , but will be better the longer it is in my ownership .

Post Thanks / Like
    Upkeep costs of the GT are astronomical Tim, even if you do find a independent. It is a top quality car after all with prices to match.
    Research is the key though the way things are going, the average Joe in the street will be taxed out of anything decent leaving these cars for the rich.

If you can, then why not, you’re a long time dead so enjoy it.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

3. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
    Likes lewysdanny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers for that Jim but , the problem is that whilst the Jag is ( and will always be ) an all round fantastic car, with the looks to die for , is changing my car for another grand tourer the way to go ? After all said and done when the chips are down would I have the balls to say goodbye to my beloved Jaguar ...... I don't suppose you have £32k in one of your bank accounts I could have ? If you can that would be great , but I don't want you selling one of your yachts do do so . At this time the " Spitting Cobra " is shouting to stop being so stupid and keep the Jag , the GT is a real beauty though . But I love my Jag ........ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles
    In a very nice condition , but will be better the longer it is in my ownership .

5. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen to Jan, she is talking sense. Though the GT is a proper comfortable touring car, you can’t beat the look of XK and I would certainly be keeping it.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

7. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
    Likes lewysdanny, barretto92 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been having the same dilemma for quite some time now but for a different car i.e selling my 2010 XKR (which I adore) and buy an AM Vanquish (2015 model onwards). I don't know what the AM will give me that the Jag doesn't (probably higher insurance costs and higher service costs) but whenever I see one (which is seldom) my jaw drops

9. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim

When I was looking to replace my x100 I had £70k in my account and was looking at a BCGT, I only had one owner as a friend with one and two luxury car dealer owners, they told me to steer well clear unless I got a 2015 or later car.

Weirdly I have seen more svelte/slim/well dressed BCGT drivers than I've ever seen in an XK/R, so if your not an adonis atm you've plenty of time to work on it prior to your impending purchase
    2014 XK Dynamic R Coupe (no backbox, supercharger pulley upgrade and K&N's)
    Audi A6/C6 quattro - going soon
    Toyota C-HR Hybrid, gone
    Peugeot 2008 EAT6 with pan roof and heated seats - new addition

11. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mk803 View Post
    I have been having the same dilemma for quite some time now but for a different car i.e selling my 2010 XKR (which I adore) and buy an AM Vanquish (2015 model onwards). I don't know what the AM will give me that the Jag doesn't (probably higher insurance costs and higher service costs) but whenever I see one (which is seldom) my jaw drops
    Hi mk803 , I totally understand your thinking however, i'm not quite sure if the change you're thinking of is beneficial . I would defo keep the Jag , better car in every way than the Vanquish ( mho ) . But you must do what feels right .
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
    Tim

When I was looking to replace my x100 I had £70k in my account and was looking at a BCGT, I only had one owner as a friend with one and two luxury car dealer owners, they told me to steer well clear unless I got a 2015 or later car.

Weirdly I have seen more svelte/slim/well dressed BCGT drivers than I've ever seen in an XK/R, so if your not an adonis atm you've plenty of time to work on it prior to your impending purchase
    Hey Mark , good to hear from you again . Yeah , I do agree partly ( last bit of your post ) but, I just can't seem to wrench myself away from this BGT . I suppose once I've taken my car outta wraps and given it a good run in the sun , my thought process will be back on track .
    All this could be that I have too much time on my hands and my car is SORN in my garage ... Ah but ..... Bug-er here I go again.
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    Listen to Jan, she is talking sense. Though the GT is a proper comfortable touring car, you can’t beat the look of XK and I would certainly be keeping it.
    ****** hell Jim , you talk sense at times . It's just at the wrong time ( for me ) knowing it's within my reach ,...... and you go talking the sensible line . LOL
    2008 Jaguar xk/rs
    31k miles

15. Thanks Jimbov8 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There’s no fool like an old fool, somebody’s got to keep your feet on the floor.
    Jim.

17. Thanks lewysdanny thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast