Thread: lock nut key code

Post Thanks / Like

lock nut key code

can any one help , I have lost the wheel lock nut key for my xf and all I have is a four number code I recorded when I got the car but I now know its the letter I should have recorded ie A,B,C,D, etc is there any way I can find out what my code letter is so I can purchase another

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure, i would recommend taking your car to a Jag Dealer or Indie and see if they have a master key which most main dealers have and get them to remove the nuts. I have read threads on the forum some have done it cheaply some extortionate. My Wheel locking nut split when a tyre centre using a compressor gun changing a tyre. Had to take the car to my local JAG indie who had to chisel the locking nuts off. I then ordered a new set of Jag nuts and a locking Key from S&B wheels in Birmingham. Took a note of the locking key code
    56 plate S type R

3. Thanks pdcitrine thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ta mate already tried that , one dealership was open for telephone calls and was told they will e mail me ? , i would have thought jag would have the code letter on file for each car . I hear they dont/ wont sell single key only key and nut set , as u said they will and do have a master set to remove the old ones to fit the new ones but unlikely to tell u which master key they used to remove old set incase u go else where to buy a single key

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a local Jag Indie near where to live, Jagautos Liverpool got mine off by chisel, to be honest i think about not putting a locking nut on if it happens again. Have you tried a decent locking nut removal tool. When my tyre centre split my locking nut key, they new someone who has never failed getting them off, he couldn't get mine off after a good hour of trying, hence taking the car to me indie
    Last edited by goshawk; 02-05-20 at 14:03. Reason: spelling
    56 plate S type R

Post Thanks / Like
    Bit of a long shot but...

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=120371

Remember your wheel nut will be a mirror image of the key.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

Post Thanks / Like
    It sometimes helps to use a big blob of blutac or similar to make a 'mold' of the wheel nut, you can then use this to compare to the images to help narrow it down ?
    2003 S-Type 2.5 Sport automatic,platinum silver / warm charcoal (gone)
    2004 Subaru Impreza STi Type UK (now gone as well)
    2006 S-Type R Midnight / warm charcoal
    2015 XE 'S' 3.0 V6 S/Charger Italian racing red / pimento+jet
    2004 XJR Platinum / warm charcoal

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for ur help , got them off now THANK GOD lol , went to indie in ellesmere port he had a few no luck but willing to help , tried jag dealer in warrington today no luck wanted over £100 just to take them off cheeky b*****ds so went to jagman in wigan after ringing him first and like ellesmereport indie said he had a few keys and welcome to go and try and hey presto we found it and to rub salt in the wound it was the letter i had in my head for some unknown reason i had acctually memorised it doh but obviously couldnt be sure i was right . so now got my worry sorted , can i also that the letter code ie A,B,C,D, ETC is stamped on the the washer on the lock nut its self , which i was told by some one at the place that actualy manafacture them for jag , out of the 4 i took off mine only one had it visable so i wire brushed the rest and they had it just the dirt etc hiding them .