Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2l Diesel will not start

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2.2l Diesel will not start

Hi chaps,
    Two days ago she took a cpl of turns to start but went eventually, Throughout that day all good and drove 200 miles and she drove fab. Yesterday she would not start at all so changed the fuel filter which was a cpl thousand overdue! still wouldn't start and of course flattened battery. Charged it overnight and still no go. If I use no throttle she sort of ticks over for about 10 seconds then stops. When I turn her she kicks but just doesn't catch.

Any Ideas at all techy's . I have jungle juice on the way !!!!

All the best, Col.
    56 reg 2.0 xtype saloon and 08 reg 2.2 xtype estate

Post Thanks / Like
    did you fill the filter with diesel before refitting? If you didn't it will take an age to get fuel through. Mind you, the "sort of ticks over" bit seems like there is fuel.
    Now - 2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0 petrol in Bluefire - Parking Assist Pack, heated screen.
    Had - 2008 - 2.2 Auto Sovereign Saloon - Genuine Sovereign Glacier Blue with heated screen, piped seats, Satnav, Premium Sound System, Jaguar Voice, Front and Rear Sensors, Walnut Steering Wheel and dash, Proteus 18" Wheels plus the dreaded DPF!!!!
    2003 2.5L SE - Ultraviolet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Thanks for the reply, Yes filled it although when I tested it after it was only 3/4 full so refilled. Tank is lowish but clock says 80 miles range. Just looked at the pump and the two sensors are covered in grime and oil so going to clean them. The brown one the plastic wobbles ??? so closer look at that I think.

I have got until Tuesday to fix her I am a key worker ( solid fuel engineer ) So at the moment chilled

Cheers, Col

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be :
    A: bad camshaft sensor (more likely)...
    B: or crankshaft sensor.
    Jaguar X-Type Estate 2.0D - Classique - 2004

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that, I think I have a spare camshaft sensor...... Crankshaft sensor is around the right hand side I think? Camshaft one at the front? I have a decent multi meter I wonder if there is a test I can do on them ?

Plugged in the OM..........?? Tester and no codes at all so I am hoping that is a good thing ?

Cheers Col.

Post Thanks / Like
    Camshaft sensor on front, crankshaft right hand side, ok.
    Perhaps this can help : https://easyautodiagnostics.com/chry...-sensor-test-1. The pin configuration could be different...

A bad sensor does not generate any code ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Chaps,
    Update Took out Crankshaft sensor and it had a mass of iron filings on it so i thought Bingo !!! Cleaned it up and put it back however now she doesn't even kick when you turn her over and ....The coil light flashes constantly!!

So this looks promising I think as whatever I have done seems to have made it worse I see that the sensor is just a magnet hence it collects crap from withing the crank ? and that on the tightening clamp there is a bit of adjustment ie you can push it further in as u tighten it.

Mr Euro does not stock them so I have emailed an ebay supplier in Coventry fingers crossed

Any thought from you guys in the know

Cheers, Col.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same cranckshaft sensor as Ford Mondeo
    And there is no adjustment, just push it all the way in and put the screw back in place .

9. Thanks Colin K thanked for this post
    Likes Colin K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes looks like it watches a you tube video bt still not 100% sure how to adjust it i recon i have it too far out .. Play a bit more

Col.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Well found a great you tube video which shows how to test the wiring up to it and the sensor and its not producing any voltage so looks buggered....... Struggling to find one part number is 1143723 and it fits a zillion different vehicles.

Anyone in the know please tip me off.

Thanks for all the help..... Col.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast