Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 V6 Diesel Remaps

Post Thanks / Like

3.0 V6 Diesel Remaps

So although i have an X250 this isnt just aimed at that as i know the engine is used on multiple models.

The 2 main people who i have found locally who offer remaps seem to be based on Quantum or Celtic maps, just wondered what experience people have had with either? For me I am looking more for the drive-ability rather than the biggest BHP/Torque numbers

Quantum -

Celtic -

Current Car: XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car: Under Consideration : Jaguar F Pace / Audi A6 Avant / BMW X5 / BMW x30D Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ratpc…

Looking at a remap eh? Can't fault you, add those extra horses AND gain better fuel economy at the same time, no brainer

I had my XJ X358 2.7Tdvi remapped from 204bhp to around 250bhp by Quantum several years ago, the extra bhp is noticeable, picks up much quicker and very smooth delivery. On one trip I made down south I managed 720 miles on one tank of fuel and saw 54.2mpg at one point, very impressed

Just around a few months ago I had my XJ X351 3.0D remapped from 300bhp / 700nm to 345bhp / 780nm by Quantum tuning in Glasgow.
    Again another good job done, very impressive and I've seen 755.6 miles to one tank of fuel, with around a gallon left in the tank. I reckon if really trying, hypermiling on a long motorway run that 850+ miles is achievable

It's not a lot of money for the gains in both terms of power and economy. I wouldn't personally go for the absolute economy map or the absolute power map, there's a hybrid map available which will give you noticeable power gains and around 10% - 15% gains in economy too.

Good luck, hope to hear

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

3. Likes RatPC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's odd how some things stay in my memory.....

'It's torque that pushes you out of a corner,BHP you brag about down the pub.'

That's a good point,who remembers when we could go to the pub?

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect that ate it's engine in Spain and replaced with another Connect known as the Micro Stealth Camper) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

5. Likes RatPC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post

That's a good point,who remembers when we could go to the pub?

I went to a pub once - it was full of blokes drinking warm beer, who thought that football was important and that cricket was interesting.

Very strange - I haven't been back!

Are they all like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Hey Ratpc…

Looking at a remap eh? Can't fault you, add those extra horses AND gain better fuel economy at the same time, no brainer

I had my XJ X358 2.7Tdvi remapped from 204bhp to around 250bhp by Quantum several years ago, the extra bhp is noticeable, picks up much quicker and very smooth delivery. On one trip I made down south I managed 720 miles on one tank of fuel and saw 54.2mpg at one point, very impressed

Just around a few months ago I had my XJ X351 3.0D remapped from 300bhp / 700nm to 345bhp / 780nm by Quantum tuning in Glasgow.
    Again another good job done, very impressive and I've seen 755.6 miles to one tank of fuel, with around a gallon left in the tank. I reckon if really trying, hypermiling on a long motorway run that 850+ miles is achievable

It's not a lot of money for the gains in both terms of power and economy. I wouldn't personally go for the absolute economy map or the absolute power map, there's a hybrid map available which will give you noticeable power gains and around 10% - 15% gains in economy too.

Good luck, hope to hear

Jim
    Thanks Jim - following your feedback i am looking at the quantum remap
    Next Car: Under Consideration : Jaguar F Pace / Audi A6 Avant / BMW X5 / BMW x30D Touring

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Percentage,

"I went to a pub once - it was full of blokes drinking warm beer"

It is a perception of what you call 'warm' If you are used to tasteless beer seved painfully cold then yes 12 degrees is warm. Bland beer at that temperature is tasteless and is served cold to numb your taste buds. Guiness is an exception, it's served very cold so it can be poured in a reasonable time.

Alec
    MK 2 3.8 (Long term restoration), 2.5 P.I. Triumph saloon, 564 Hymer motorhome.

10. Likes RWD3M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booked for next week! Cant wait for the extra 20% and the strangest thing its caused a reduction in my insurance declaring! I always knew car insurance was a crazy thing!

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of interest. which insurer are you with please?
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    4.2 2004 (04) XK8 Silver
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

Post Thanks / Like
    Today is the day!

15. Likes JimC64, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RatPC View Post
    Today is the day!
    Nice one, don't forget to come back and update on results, a picture of the ear to ear grin too lol

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast