Thread: R-Type-Ceramic Brakes

Post Thanks / Like

R-Type-Ceramic Brakes

Hello there,
    New to the forum and looking forward to the general craik. I have bought the F type with the ceramic brake package. I was aware of the pros and cons and the potential cost so eyes wide open. Just wondering if anyone found a decent priced supplier for pads and discs (heard a high quality steel pad will do ??). Also wondering if anyone reverted back to steel and what that entails. Starting to look in the states and came across a couple of suppliers who are a good price (steel) including import duty. Any help pointers appreciated. Thanks
    Shaun

Post Thanks / Like
    Some discussion of these topics over on the Yank forum: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/
    From memory, no-one has yet found after-market alternatives for the OEM CCM brake pads despite lots of searching, however this Rock Auto page lists Centric PosiQuiet semi-metallic pads for the CCM brakes, not cheap but still a helluva lot less than the OEM pads: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...brake+pad,1684

And no-one has yet successfully swapped out the CCM brakes for OEM steel brakes as I think the front hubs/knuckles are slightly different so the 380 mm steel brakes caliper brackets won't bolt up, and the rear EPB is very different (no separate pads like the CCM brakes). But I suspect with a bit of finagling they can be made to fit and it's just that no-one has bothered to seriously try yet.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that your a gent

Post Thanks / Like
    Ozjag,
    Seen your input on the forums and its impressive to say the least so sorry for bothering you with what maybe a numpty question. My R type has the CCB with 20" rims.I have searched everywhere for pads (for the future) and no-one lists 20" wheels. My head is battered, did I read on some forum or whatever that the pads (and discs) are the same as for the 19" or is delirium setting in caused by these ****** brakes. P.S. car has done 19k. Thanks. Shaun

Post Thanks / Like
    The F-Type CCM brakes require "special" wheels to fit over the calipers, IIRC in most model years there were two maybe three choices, all 20". Other F-Type wheels including 20" will not fit over the CCM brakes.
    For the steel brakes including the front 380 mm calipers all 19" and 20" F-Type wheels will fit no worries, but very few non-F-Type 19" wheels will fit over the 380 mm front calipers.
    The brake pads themselves have nothing to do with the wheel sizes.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, thanks. Shaun

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

Completely new to this forum and joined to find out more about my CCBs; came across this thread with recent posts so thought I'd add more here.

Car: Jaguar F-Type V8S, 14 plate, 15 model year, Ceramic Brakes, 62,000 miles (yes, I use it properly!)

I've just had my car serviced and they've highlighted that the Ceramic brake pads are heavily corroded due to simply the length of time they've been on the car (since factory) yet they've still got 8mm remaining on them, so plenty of life!

I've been quoted £3,000 to replace all, but I'm confused as to why the corrosion of the casing should neccesitate full replacement of only 30/40% worn pads.

Did anyone find any suitable replacement or aftermarket pads?

I was offered Pagid at £750 for all 4, including the sensors and fitting... but it seems quite a difference and (understandably) don't want to risk damaging the discs!

Any input would be great!

Thanks,

David

8. Likes shaun james liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Additionally, there seems to be a full set of CCB's on eBay, boxed and new... only a small amount more than the £3k pad replacement cost...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/carbon-ce...sAAOSwFzdexWLc

Thoughts?

10. Likes shaun james liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    no expert, but threads re CC here and states appear to tell you that pads are around 100k without the track. Dont know if my impression is wrong stand to be corrected.
    Currently 2015 F type R convertible, 1995 mercedes sl500(3rd child).08 XJ LWB, VW UP(0uch).
    Previous; XJS V12,75 corvette 350cu, 4 x TR6's 150bhp, 2xMGB roadsters, and sundry of good and c**p