Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seized Engine 2016 XF

Post Thanks / Like
    Commiserations. I've always thought 2 yrs 20k or so was too long. My XF is petrol and gets done annually at about 10/11k in any case but my previous 530 was given annual change of filter and oil by me between planned services. On one occasion the filter was actually coming apart in only 12 months, I dread to think what that would have been like after 2 years.

Your only problem might be if you weren't checking the oil with the dipstick on a fairly regular basis. How often was it checked in the previous 15k implied, before it seized?

The turbo issue is a possibility, or dilution of the oil by fuel? (though you'd think the sump would then be full of something, not empty, so perhaps not)

Post Thanks / Like
    Has it logged any low oil faults?

Post Thanks / Like
    If a car runs low on oil, you should start by getting intermittent oil pressure warnings even if it didn’t warn of low level which I’m pretty sure Most if not all modern cars do.
    If nothing came up, that’s very odd and certainly one for Jaguar to look into. There’s a piece of this puzzle missing somewhere I suspect.
    we recently had a 4 year old Astra cook itself. No warnings, Fine one second then just died. Needed a head gasket at £1200. Vauxhall paid 80%. Most manufacturers are reasonable with unusual failures of recent cars.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, why was there no oil in the engine? Who serviced it last? And the the 2nd question you need to ask Jaguar is, why did the car not warn you of low oil or no oil for that matter. It doesn't make sense that an engine would have no oil in it and not warn you. A check engine light at the very least should have warned you something was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chage the battery fill with oil. It may run again. First switch ignition on do not start and scoll through checks using button on left stem till you come to check oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12