Thread: Window switch removal ( passengers door)

Post Thanks / Like

Window switch removal ( passengers door)

Hi while sorting out a few things on my 2004 s type today i decided to remove the door card on the passengers side to repair what i thought was a faulty window regulator .

After having removed the card and checked over the window mechanism i found that the motor and everything was ok . Note the window hasnt worked for months from either drivers switch or passenger switch , before i refitted the passengers switch i tried it with the drivers switch and it worked ok , but upon refitting the passenger side switch it opened on its own and would not close from any switch. I presume the switch is faulty and giving the motor a permanent open signal so the switch is faulty and needs replacing . This is where it gets weird how do you remove the switch , does the surround pop of and you remove it from top or does the door card have to be stripped down just to replace a switch .
    Ive tried removing the surround around switch but it wont budge or does it need a bit more force to remove or does the door card need stripping down .
    Any vids or thoughts on this would help as ive looked everywhere and carnt find any info .
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi spendy

To get the switch off you need to take the door card off, and then remove the armrest which is fixed by approx 8 bolts, once removed you can see the fixings holding the switch in , I think it's Torx bolts there is 2 of them
    Andy
    S type 2.7 se

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Andy , I thought as much it was not that straight forward
    Will let you know of the outcome when new switch arrives...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi just a heads up to say a new door switch fitted and window working like a dream , wish id done that months ago lol.
    thanks for the help Andy ..