Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust

Hi All, I’m looking for a bit more growl from the big Cat, will a spires stage 1 or the eap back box give a little more growl ,if so which one would be best.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Spires X pipe will give you a little bit more it comes in four pieces, if you go this route lay the pipes out on the garage floor and set out with the hangers in the right orientation and for length using old centre section for reference.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the Spires stage 1 on my old 4.2, was a bit louder but not a lot. I did the same upgrade on my 5.0 and it made far less difference to my ears. I got the part cheap from eBay this time round, if I'd paid full price for it I'd have been a bit disappointed but I got what I paid for I guess.

Regards back boxes, I had the EAPJ one on my 4.2 (along with the Spires stage 1), it sounded amazing. The Spires back box is double the price of the EAPJ one but I refuse to believe it could be twice as good. If I was starting from scratch with a standard exhaust again but with the benefit of my experience I'd say just get the EAPJ back box and be done with it; yes it's more expensive than the Spires stage 1 (or equivalent Adamesh etc. versions) but it's better value for money IMHO.
    Current: 2009 XKR 5.0
    Previous: 2008 XKR 4.2

I take photos of cars! Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Evening,
    I too had the same wish and looked hard for a good solution, I choose a Topgear system for my 2014 N/A convertible. Lovely system, good price ( £ 950 approx),east to fit DIY , not too loud but a nice 'bark' when hard acceleration applied and a slightly louder rumble on light throttle. Might be worth a look,

Regards, Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, I find it always pays to post up a url:

https://www.topgear.co.uk/index.php?...&engine=5.0+V8
    2014 XK Dynamic R Coupe (no backbox, supercharger pulley upgrade and K&N's)
    Peugeot 2008 EAT6 with pan roof and heated seats - new addition

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know what car/ engine and year people have when they ask questions!
    So easy to put it in your signature.
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!

Jaguar XK 4.2 2006

7. Thanks MarkyM thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can but dream Peter...sigh

Like I wish that 8 out of 10 post asking for help included the relevant information, which we then have to prise from them.
    2014 XK Dynamic R Coupe (no backbox, supercharger pulley upgrade and K&N's)
    Peugeot 2008 EAT6 with pan roof and heated seats - new addition

9. Likes Peterv, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    I did the Spires stage 1 on my old 4.2, was a bit louder but not a lot. I did the same upgrade on my 5.0 and it made far less difference to my ears. I got the part cheap from eBay this time round, if I'd paid full price for it I'd have been a bit disappointed but I got what I paid for I guess.

Regards back boxes, I had the EAPJ one on my 4.2 (along with the Spires stage 1), it sounded amazing. The Spires back box is double the price of the EAPJ one but I refuse to believe it could be twice as good. If I was starting from scratch with a standard exhaust again but with the benefit of my experience I'd say just get the EAPJ back box and be done with it; yes it's more expensive than the Spires stage 1 (or equivalent Adamesh etc. versions) but it's better value for money IMHO.
    Thanks Niall, very helpfull advise I’ll probably go for the EAP back box for know and could add spires 1 at a later date.

Post Thanks / Like
    EAPJ offer a full "cat-back" system which gets you the back box and a replacement middle section like the Spires stage 1 part. To be honest, as I said before I found that the back box alone made a much bigger difference.
    Current: 2009 XKR 5.0
    Previous: 2008 XKR 4.2

I take photos of cars! Find me on Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the standard system stainless steel.

RC
    2004 S Type 2.7d SE.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast