Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: XFR-what battery?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    XFR-what battery?

    Anybody any suggestions for a replacement battery- XFR 5.0 SC 2011(not stop start)?

    Currently using a Bosch S4013 - type 019 approaching 4 years of age.
    Considering either the same battery again or Bosch S5013...which appears to be designed for higher end cars which complex electrics..like the XFR.

    Thanx
    Jaguar XFR 2011

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    172
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the different Bosch batteries are guaranteed for 4 years (S4) and 5 years (S5) not sure if the Amp hour rating is different but I thought the main difference was the guarantee. I have the S4 in my 3.0 Diesel I bought from Costco for around £100. Tayna batteries seem to be well reviewed too and will give several options for your car.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah was looking at Tayna on Amazon, they seem to have good ratings and best prices. S4=95ah, s5=100a/h
    Jaguar XFR 2011

  4. #4
    Senior Member Poundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alvechurch
    Posts
    2,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    More choice without stop/start, I have a preference for Yuasa batteries on all my cars and bikes. I think Halfords now use some Yuasa under their own Labels at a good price.

    Includes fitting with the BMS reset done. They also plug a slave into the OBD port to save all the car settings, dispose of the old battery and give a decent warranty. I rarely frequent Halford's for much but this is a good service
    MY15 X250, XF R-Sport 3.0D Black Pack, Ceramic coated, 19" alloys SOLD!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Robinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE London/Kent
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have Tanya batteries in both my Jags. I bought direct from Tanya UK. Good price, great to deal with & prompt deliveey.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Robinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE London/Kent
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    I have a preference for Yuasa batteries on all my cars and bikes. I think Halfords now use some Yuasa under their own Labels at a good price. Fitted with BMS reset done they also plug a slave into the OBD port to save all the car settings, dispose of the old battery and give a decent warranty.
    I fitted a Yuasa on my S-Type D. Good batteries.

  7. #7
    Senior Member philayl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    1,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went with this one, good price and no problems so far. Phil
    https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/exide/ea1000/
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinus View Post
    I fitted a Yuasa on my S-Type D. Good batteries.
    Thanks all, the Yuasa looks good also, not sure how the 'BMS' works with the XFR...is it built into the battery or car electronics?
    Jaguar XFR 2011

  9. #9
    Senior Member Poundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Alvechurch
    Posts
    2,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VNC View Post
    Thanks all, the Yuasa looks good also, not sure how the 'BMS' works with the XFR...is it built into the battery or car electronics?

    I presume 2011 XFR has the feature, it is built into the negative battery lead, hence why you should always use a separate earth point and not the Neg battery terminal when using a charger to prevent upsetting the settings etc'

    It should be re -calibrated every new battery according to Jaguar, many will say it eventually sorts itself because they have never had problems not doing it. Even so not having problems does not mean it is functioning to it's intended capabilities. If you have V2 carsoft you can do it yourself
    MY15 X250, XF R-Sport 3.0D Black Pack, Ceramic coated, 19" alloys SOLD!

  10. Thanks Robinus thanked for this post
  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poundy View Post
    I presume 2011 XFR has the feature, it is built into the negative battery lead, hence why you should always use a separate earth point and not the Neg battery terminal when using a charger to prevent upsetting the settings etc'

    It should be re -calibrated every new battery according to Jaguar, many will say it eventually sorts itself because they have never had problems not doing it. Even so not having problems does not mean it is functioning to it's intended capabilities. If you have V2 carsoft you can do it yourself

    Thanx Poundy, Interesting....I'll be sure to get it done for completeness at least. I have had various electrical Issues which could potentially be related to the battery condition or even the BMS calibration..or both. Battery is due for replacement anyway.
    I do wonder if Halfords are competent enough to do the reset...I have had some bad experiences with them in the past on another vehicle.
    Jaguar XFR 2011

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •