Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignition key stuck in Lock ?? 2.7D Auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Looking through the workshop manual there does not appear to be a wiring diagram for the car or is it available elsewhere? It would certainly simplify fault location.
    Up to 2006 diagrams available here http://www.jagrepair.com/Default.htm
    2004 4.2 Sport, 15th year of S Type ownership. Full Jaguar Paint, Navigation, Music Player, Steering Wheel & Seats that move by themselves,Wheels, Screen, Colour changing Mirrors, Opening & Closing Doors & Windows. Bluetooth Phone & Voice. Beeps at the back. Now on third with warm seats & windscreen, first one died at 190,000, second @ 175,000.

2. Thanks mrmike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wiring diagrams are in a separate document called electrical guide. In the stickies somewhere too I think.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all that clear will have to take the J-Gate apart, Not sure if it is the "Not In Park" switch on page 77 of 200 or is my box a ZF which is somewhat different, it is a bit of a grey area. It is behaving at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a micro switch at the top of the brake pedal which if malfunctioning will not allow the gear shift to come out of park. There's also a video on youtube showing how to get around this problem temporarily till you can get a new switch. Apologies if this has been covered in the above posts eg interlock solenoid.

RC
    2004 S Type 2.7d SE.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Probs with the Gear lever, Good to know about the microswitch.

Post Thanks / Like
    series 2 cars and onwards have ZF boxes. 2002.5+
    If your car is making the rapid beeping sound when you try to remove the key, it is because it thinks the gearbox is not in park. I don't believe there is another reason for that noise coupled with the key removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spot on ! BTW what does 2002.5+ mean? Mine is from 03/2005. Moving the lever slightly in the P position turns the beeping on and off allowing removal of the key.
    While beeping the key cannot be removed. So what is sensing the lever in the park position. I saw on the 5 speed box that there is a "Not in Park Switch" but cannot see what it is on the ZF. It feels local ie on the Jgate assembly, because the lever position is very sensitive when this problem occurs. Is it a slider on a pcb, a microswitch, Opto or Hall effect sensor?

Post Thanks / Like
    2002.5 just means half way through 2002. Your 2005 car will be a ZF box 6 speed.
    I don't exactly know how it senses park or not in park but I though it was something to do with the gearbox interlock solenoid. There must be a micro switch that senses the park position, however, there is only one switch listed as parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a big model revision with design changes halfway through the year incl. suspension & bodywork & these are referred to as 2002.5 cars.

11. Thanks mrmike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the sensitivity of the lever I would guess it is local to the lever. If I can get my A/C sorted I won't mind sitting in it and having a close look under the console.
    I've got an endoscope which I got to look at merc M271 timing gear teeth, might be useful here to save a bit of effort too. Need to check the circuit diagrams again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12