Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Ownership Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshBoa View Post
    I'm sort of annoyed I didn't record the conversations to show how he promised something then totally changed his mind and attitude.

The next car will definitely be getting an inspection done and making sure the garage offer some form of decent warranty.

Left my ****** new jaguar wheel caps on it too!
    So has this chap actually stolen your car as it stands at the moment?

2. Likes WelshBoa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    I wouldn't call him a "chap" but it certainly begins with a "C"!
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    I wouldn't call him a "chap" but it certainly begins with a "C"!
    I used "cowboy" to describe the (very similar sounding) "chap" that sold me the Portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    I suppose it could be considered theft yeah, shame I am still ****** waiting on the v5 but finance agreement will show it's in my name.

As the car he loaned me isn't taxed tempted to ring DVLA and report it. Don't think that could come back to me in any way as I'm not the owner of it.

As I don't really want the jag back now as god knows what he could have done to it. He also said yesterday on phone he will only give it back if I sign a disclaimer to say i cannot claim anything on warranty so obviously something he is worried about.

He must buy cars at auction or something that are known to have issues and try and punt them out without any sort of come back. What a way to run a business as if you sort through all the generic positive reviews on autotrader some horror reviews there, including him selling stolen car ffs
    Jaguar XJ 3.0d Portfolio 2010 (It appears now departed)

Previous: 2004 X-Type 2.0D (long since departed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like this guy is a right shister
    We are all feeling for you.
    I can't offer you any advise, other than asking him if he would like to give you say £3000 paid up front and you we will get the car put right yourself, then you would know what has or has not been done to the car.
    Of course the best plan is if you can get shot of it and put it down to a very bad experience
    Louis
    XJL

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.lawble.co.uk/driving-without-road-tax. Be careful about driving the car you have been loaned if it has no tax. You dont want a fine for driving it knowingly without tax on top of all the other hassle. Although of course if its parked in the street it could well be clamped impounded if its discovered on a passing police vehicle with anpr system with no issues to yourself . I would personally also check the insurance situation as well to ensure you are covered on your own policy as i am guessing it is not on his insurance . I am no legal expert in any way and hopefully others with more knowledge could advise you better ,but its my understanding it is every drivers responsibility to ensure the car is legal and roadworthy before driving it.
    I suppose its possible he may be trying to fiddle a warranty claim with the provider directly if its an insurance backed warranty .
    Fully understand you not wanting car back but please dont let this experience put you off another model .

PS if you are driving it on your insurance i think it still has to actually have a policy on it by the owner .My understanding is for example my policy will legally allow me to drive another vehicle but at the most basic cover possible .But the vehicle itself still needs to be insured to be on the road .
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    Previous 2.7d sport with DPF
    2.0D X type

I find it best not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not going to drive it now, I suppose if it hadn't shot out all those warning lights I would have taxed it for a month and used it. I agree no defence if I'm driving and claim it was taxed.

Appreciate everyone's support on this, I'm sort of over the anger now and just want the finance company to resolve this so I can move on and look for another. Let's be honest who doesn't like looking for a new motor??
    Jaguar XJ 3.0d Portfolio 2010 (It appears now departed)

Previous: 2004 X-Type 2.0D (long since departed)

Post Thanks / Like
    Know what you mean about looking for a new car .We also have a C1 Citroen but the wife wants a new dog (I am hopefully assuming i am not being traded in) so i will probably trade in the C1 for a smaller estate rather than having a puppy bouncing about all over the jag . Although thinking about it now bouncing puppies in a jag doesn't sound to bad!!!!
    2013 XJL Portfolio
    Previous 2.7d sport with DPF
    2.0D X type

I find it best not to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent....

10. Likes seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose it could be considered theft yeah, shame I am still ****** waiting on the v5 but finance agreement will show it's in my name.

As the car he loaned me isn't taxed tempted to ring DVLA and report it. Don't think that could come back to me in any way as I'm not the owner of it.

As I don't really want the jag back now as god knows what he could have done to it. He also said yesterday on phone he will only give it back if I sign a disclaimer to say i cannot claim anything on warranty so obviously something he is worried about.

He must buy cars at auction or something that are known to have issues and try and punt them out without any sort of come back. What a way to run a business as if you sort through all the generic positive reviews on autotrader some horror reviews there, including him selling stolen car ffs
    Legally it wouldn't be S1 or S12 theft, as he hasn't taken the car dishonestly, as you left it there with him i am afraid. This would almost 100% fall under Civil Court rather than criminal from the limited info i know.
    --

Current Car: XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car: Under Consideration : Jaguar F Pace / Audi A6 Avant / Audi Q7 / BMW X5 / BMW x30D Touring

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's be honest who doesn't like looking for a new motor??
    I am looking for a replacement for the XF at the moment!
    --

Current Car: XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car: Under Consideration : Jaguar F Pace / Audi A6 Avant / Audi Q7 / BMW X5 / BMW x30D Touring

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast