Thread: Sun shades

Post Thanks / Like

Sun shades

The recent sunny weather has got me a bit paranoid about roasting the upholstery on my X350. Having Cranberry seats I can imagine that they will tend to fade over time and was wondering what would be best to protect them from UV rays.
    The cheaper foil type blinds might not look right, I don't fancy a big teddy bear on the side window and fitting a genuine Jaguar rear window blind looks like it might be a monster job. A company called Car blinds make a set specifically for the X350 for about £90 that look good in photos but I wonder if anyone has any experience of them or others.
    It'll probably rain solid for 3 months after I fit them so maybe I'm tempting fate.

Cheers

Pete
    2001 XK8 convertible,33000miles, strange green colour which changes to blue depending on the light. Roof hydraulics relief valve and metal timing chain tensioners fitted to aid peace of mind.
    2005 XJ6 Sovereign, Black with Cranberry interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick update on the above. I splashed out on the Carshades and up till now am really pleased with them. They arrived within 2 days, fit no problem at all and look good.
    It makes a pleasant change to deal with a UK company who manufacture the product that they sell and provide instructions that aren't written in pidgin English.
    Let's hope they keep the sun out
    2001 XK8 convertible,33000miles, strange green colour which changes to blue depending on the light. Roof hydraulics relief valve and metal timing chain tensioners fitted to aid peace of mind.
    2005 XJ6 Sovereign, Black with Cranberry interior