Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Jaguar Breakfast Meet Gaydon, Saturday 5th September 2020 - Early warning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    You must have been going some speed if it took 19 miles to stop lol.
    or even trying to get 150015... I guess the next opportunity would be 150051
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 82K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

2. Likes #steve, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    You don’t just arrive at a Jaguar Breakfast Meet and ‘park’. All Jags are on show. Don’t panic, you’ve got 5 weeks to put some effort in
    You do realise you’re talking about him who shall not be washed.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

4. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    You do realise you’re talking about him who shall not be washed.
    You mean he thinks a car wash is when it rains? I’m well aware of his aversion.

It’s actually quite brave of him to bring his Jag to Gaydon. The car will take one look at all the others and leave home, or put itself up for adoption!
    Last edited by MarkFY; 01-08-20 at 13:34.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 82K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

6. Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignX View Post
    Disaster struck this morning.
    5 miles up the road and the engine light started flashing and lost power.
    Managed to limp home.
    Dumped on the drive and set out in the red one and arrived.
    Hope it's something very simple. You've put a lot of effort into that car and it looks fantastic, even tho it's not black. I almost like it better, but only almost.

Ok. I like it loads better than mine, it's got the engine, but don't tell Jag-Black as I still have respect for him. Thanks.
    Vehicle: : 2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2198ccm Duratorq 16V TC CF1 155HP 114KW 150PS - Puma | 4 Door Saloon. Upgrades: LED interior light | Leather gear gaiter | Solid wheel nuts Mileage: Approaching 200K miles. Owned since: January 2016 Special features: Attractive driver with GSOH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    Hope it's something very simple. You've put a lot of effort into that car and it looks fantastic, even tho it's not black. I almost like it better, but only almost.

Ok. I like it loads better than mine, it's got the engine, but don't tell Jag-Black as I still have respect for him. Thanks.
    I'll keep it quiet.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
    I was somewhat disheartened by the whole affair this morning I have to confess.

However, I did make it to the meet, got to visit the Jaguar Heritage Trust museum and get some spy shots of the supercharged X-type.

I've spent this evening trawling through posts trying to figure out what the problem could be.
    I'm hoping that it may only be an ECU reset and/or a TPS reset (both advised to be done after disconnecting the battery) which I'll try tomorrow.
    2005 Jaguar X-Type AWD 3.0 V6 Sovereign Auto Petrol (LHK - Quartz Grey; NED CX - Ivory).
    2003 Jaguar X-Type AWD 2.5 V6 SE Manual Petrol (CGG - Mica Red; ADX LT - Sand).

9. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    Don’t panic, you’ve got 5 weeks to put some effort in
    I'll keep that in mind.

... whilst doing nothing about it, of course!

11. Likes MarkFY, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures from the meet look good.

Inspired me to vacuum the car I found up a tupperware tub. Lid was there too.

I'm pretty sure I can see a large diamond wedged down the rear seat. Can't quite reach it tho.
    Vehicle: : 2006 Black Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60 | 2198ccm Duratorq 16V TC CF1 155HP 114KW 150PS - Puma | 4 Door Saloon. Upgrades: LED interior light | Leather gear gaiter | Solid wheel nuts Mileage: Approaching 200K miles. Owned since: January 2016 Special features: Attractive driver with GSOH.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678