Thread: From X type to XF.

Post Thanks / Like

From X type to XF.

Hello just taken the plunge and pxed my X type fro a nice 65 plate shiny XF portfolio.
    Visited my local stealer today to find out the as built list or topix/wasp list??? And was told I could not see/ have it as it is a jlr document. I think it is rubbish and with the facemask hindering speach I could not be bothered to argue the toss..

so the question is? How can I check if the previous owner has not made any changes that I should inform my insurance company?

bit childish to be so protective , what good does it do if know. But hey. They are rubbish any way.

other Qs

do I need a sim for interrogating the status of the uncontrolled stuff like adblue level etc on my phone or is Bluetooth range close enough?

thanks in advance

ted

Post Thanks / Like
    It is available online - there is a link somewhere around these forums in fact, because I used it to get the info for mine. I am told that you will get a range warning from 1000 miles before AdBlue is needed, and that it is quite accurate (I've not seen it on mine yet, but my guvnor is on his second XF and knows them well). You will notice a fair old difference going from an X-Type to an XF, for sure. Hope you are happy with your new wheels
    Current steed - 2017 XF 2.0d [180] Portfolio in Rosello Red with more toys than Hamleys.....

ex - 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6; 1995 XJ Sport 3.2; 1998 Mercedes C180 Elegance; VW Passat 2.0TDI (140); Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI; Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi; 2007 XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign; and very occasionally an Electric Wheelchair!

It wasn't me! A big boy done it and ran away.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to go into Topix yourself. Just google Topix and once in there register and all details will be available to you.
    XF 3.0D S 2010 MY11 Luxury. Indigo Blue with champagne interior
    Daily drive, 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5, 2 door with 370,000 klm on the clock that just keeps going. No ABS, no airbags and these strange handles on the door that if you turn them the window opens
    Too many previous cars to mention but none as good as the Jag

Post Thanks / Like
    You will need the Jaguar/JLR Topix. Accept the T&C here https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/legal/form and register on the next page.

Once registered and logged in, enter your VIN for the data available for free including original build spec. Other available info incurs charges.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    With regard to the AdBlue, you will get a warning come up on the dash letting you know who much is needed to top up.

As others have mentioned, register with Topix and it will give you all of your car's bits and pieces.
    XF 2.0 R Sport 68 plate, white and lots of toys

XF 2.2D R Sport 65 plate and black (of course) and loving the ride