Thread: X300 1996 compatible CD CHANGER.

Post Thanks / Like

X300 1996 compatible CD CHANGER.

I want to put an in boot CD player in my X300
    Can anyone tell me which models are fully compatible with the radio, and connection to the installed din lead which is on the nearside of the boot. Is it normally just plug and, ... hopefully, ... play. Thanks in advance Den.C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello
    I have one in my 1997, which I'm not using.
    I don't know it's operational condition, but if you'll pay the shipping from Ottawa, Canada, it's yours.
    Regards
    Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Richard. Many thanks for your very kind offer. I will see what postage cost would be, and if any import duty would be added.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a hint.
    When contacting your Customs department, tell them:
    1. You are receiving this as a gift;
    2. It is for a vintage automobile (+25 years old).

The X300 series started then, so the 'vintage' designation applies -- at least it does in Canada.
    They will give you what we call a Tariff Item Number. The Tariff Item Number indicates to your Customs department that it is being imported under a reduced duty rate or (usually) duty-free.
    I'll put the Tariff Item Number prominently on the package and on the Canadian Customs Declaration prior to shipping.
    The cost of shipping, though, may prove the downfall.
    If it's still a GO, have a look at the X300 parts book to see if there are any other items (e.g. relays or bracketry) that you need and I'll include them too.
    If you don't have a copy of the parts book -- which is one of the worst laid out documents in history -- let me know and I'll give you the link for a free PDF download.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that Richard. The parts download would be very useful if you can oblige. Could you get me a quote for postage from your end. I have some Canadian dollars, I was in Toronto over Christmas, so I can send you the cost. The only brackets I would need are the two that are held to the changer casing, four screws, two either side I think, and four bolts that fix it to the strut in the boot (trunk) which are drilled and threaded ready either side, left side or right side mounting. Once again, many thanks from across the "pond".
    By the way, I am half Canadian, Acadian in fact, my father was a French Canadian from Clare, Nova Scotia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, yes. Baie St-Marie. That's Acadian country, all right.

What is your destination postal code?

For lots of good information, try this site (ensure you switch to English) and register: https://en.jaguar-club.net/

The X300 information is at: https://en.jaguar-club.net/manual_download.php?id=81

Note: There are three X300 parts catalogue fisches to the set.

Thanks.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    To be clear: This is what you're after...

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD Changer 01.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	34350

This is the what I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the gear. The brackets are right. My postcode in the U.K is : NR34 9LZ. It is in SUFFOLK, ENGLAND.
    Can you email me off the forum so I have your email addressr. St. Mary, Clare. beautiful, I really loved it there when I went. I have cousins who live there.