Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio amplifier

Post Thanks / Like
    The amp fan doesn't turn on unless it has an active D2B signal. Just in case this helps your fault finding.
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org
    JagDroid-CD - Bluetooth Audio streaming upgrade for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the CD changer should eject the cartridge with just power connected, it doesn't need the D2B optics connected for that function. If you have power to it and it won't eject and you can't call it up from the head unit, it could be the CDC that's at fault? They do jam from time to time and go off line, I usually find a good firm tap/thump on the front will free the jam and bring it back on line.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Ben
    I have the lot out again( lost count now) checked the power to the cd player and have power going to it, it now suddenly started to eject.
    I put the ignition on and the radio comes up on the screen, so I disconnected the d2b inline end and see no flashing red light ( not sure how dangerous that is but I am willing to lose an eye to get this system working).
    Anyway does the d2b cable go to the head unit??

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have got the head unit out now and checked the d2b connection and its in firm and correct. So I shone a torch down the d2b and this can be clearly seen at the other end (boot) so that means no break. Now should I be able to see a red flashing light coming out of the back of the radio/cassette unit when it's on???
    Any help please

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure the D2B emitters are LED not LASER so your retinas should be ok.
    Normally when powering up the in-dash radio/CD player you will get a flash of the D2B lights as it initiates communication. I presume you're meaning you're testing the same but on the CD changer? I've not tested this on the changer but would imagine it should do the same.
    But you can bypass the changer to eliminate this from the equation either with a D2B loop link, or at a push you can actually just hold or tape the two fibre ends together for a test so that the light can transfer out of one end and into the other (remove the individual fibres from the 2 way housing). You'll know if it's working because you'll get the DSP option in the AUDIO screen, oh and the sound will work too. But you might have to wait a minute or longer so with the ignition off before re-powering up so that all the D2B stuff re-initialises. Better to disconnect/reconnect the battery to be sure that everything has initialised correctly after altering the D2B loop.
    2004 XJ X350 Super V8 LWB - Custom 19" alloys, 4 zone climate control, rear business trays

JagDroid - Android upgrade to Jaguar Touchscreen for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type - forum thread HOWTO and website: http://www.jagdroid.org
    JagDroid-CD - Bluetooth Audio streaming upgrade for XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type

Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly, what model year is your s-type? If you are unsure this is the 10th digit in your VIN number.
    It will help us a lot if you add your partial vin number to your group signature that is the 10th digit to the end, missing the last two for security. See my one below for an example.
    Did your audio system ever work?
    If so when and how did it fail? (ie was this following work etc?)
    Or did you get the car with the fault?
    Do you have the navigation touch screen and the NAV DVD unit in the trunk?
    (The NAV unit controls the touch screen)
    Black 2004 S-Type R
    VIN: 51N141xx (4.75MY)
    First owner 01.03.2004 to 05.11.2004 Jaguar Cars Co. Fleet Admin, Rugby.
    P.D.I done at Browns Lane on 24.02.2004 at 43 miles.
    Body shell dated 12.01.04.
    (Previously Morocco Red/Magnolia 4.0 XJ40 Sovereign VIN:708xxx.)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK... it's all working OK, not sure why!
    But this is what I have learned.
    The d2b signal light (wake up call to your sat nav, CDC etc) is sent within a few seconds of turning the ignition key to the first position with the radio on, this flashes three times through one of the two optics. If you are not getting this signal you had check using a torch light pointing at the optic at one end ( at the radio head unit) and will clearly be seen at the other end, this means no break in the optics.
    The amplifier needs the signal to start but must be all connected up before turning on the ignition.
    The CDC will eject at anytime, key in ignition or not so has power continuously.
    All sat nav, CDC etc must be connected before turning the key, not sure why my system started to work but I know that I tried to get things working many times without the d2b connected ( thinking I didn't need it) also I had the radio on and then connected up which was to late for the wake up signal.
    Anyway I would like to thank those that contributed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12