Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New to the Forum

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    England Cirencester
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question New to the Forum

    Hi,
    I am new to the Forum and own a 2017 F Pace First Edition. Sometimes I could use some info when there is a problem. Just had a service and the initial problem of the front camera and beeping sound never worked. They must have done an update because now it works. However, there is a row of time square green light sectioned left and right. I tried to get some type of reply from the Service Dept, but they never called back. Never seen these green lights since new. Anyone know what they are? Went to the manual on Jag's site and it shows everything except these green lights. Any info would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member idrobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cheddar
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello & welcome. I don't have the same vehicle or display, could it be the screen has some pixels faulty? Can you go back to where it was serviced and ask them?
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    4.2 2004 (04) XK8 Silver
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    England Cirencester
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by idrobbo View Post
    Hello & welcome. I don't have the same vehicle or display, could it be the screen has some pixels faulty? Can you go back to where it was serviced and ask them?
    Thanks I will do that. Since they are not answering their phone I may have to pay them a visit.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jag-Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Cambridgeshire UK.
    Posts
    4,923
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jlski6@btinternet.com View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to the Forum and own a 2017 F Pace First Edition. Sometimes I could use some info when there is a problem. Just had a service and the initial problem of the front camera and beeping sound never worked. They must have done an update because now it works. However, there is a row of time square green light sectioned left and right. I tried to get some type of reply from the Service Dept, but they never called back. Never seen these green lights since new. Anyone know what they are? Went to the manual on Jag's site and it shows everything except these green lights. Any info would be appreciated.
    The sort of issue when you get display artifacts is often a cache issue. Cache data does not get properly flushed and corrupts the display.

    The fix is to switch it off and on again. That might be the tricky part if the unit has standby power, so I don't know how that might be done.

    Anyhow. There's a good chance it can clear it's self from that state.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    England Cirencester
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    The sort of issue when you get display artifacts is often a cache issue. Cache data does not get properly flushed and corrupts the display.

    The fix is to switch it off and on again. That might be the tricky part if the unit has standby power, so I don't know how that might be done.

    Anyhow. There's a good chance it can clear it's self from that state.
    Thanks, will try that before I contact the dealership.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •