Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The second Welsh Ownership Thread

Post Thanks / Like

The second Welsh Ownership Thread

Today got delivered my 2014 XJL Portfolio 3.0D in Portfolio spec. This being the second XJ I have taken ownership of in the last two months. The first car which went back to dealer under 30 day consumer rights. Multitude of issues picked up when taken to an Indy and expensive bill looming - https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthre...122233&page=38

Was given the keys and two keyrings in a little presentation box which was a nice little touch for a 6yr old car I thought..

Today has been a funny day for taking photographs as been exceptionally bright so struggled to get the right sort of contrast when taking.

Paintwork looks good on it, struggling to find any small dings or dents too which is a positive, and with a better polish should look great in this colour.

Alloys all look pretty decent too, and had benefit of new Nexan tyres being fitted all around as part of MOT they did. Also had full service including fuel filter etc.

Took her down to Bath, struggled in the city centre with lots of roadworks and nowhere to park, started to get a bit stressful if I am honest. What I have picked up on straight away is the smoothness of the 8 speed gear box at low speed compared to the 6 speed. I always used to think in the other XJ it was searching for the right gear when getting out of the Estate. This one feels a lot better.

Haven't got ACC in this one, the digital TV or massage seats, I did find the ACC useful and the massage seats on a long run but the newer touchscreen is a god send. Tested both screens in the back and are working as well as having the remote control present etc.

I'm not sure if they redesigned the steering wheel between 10 and 14 but it also feels slightly different.

First impressions all good, need to remember to turn the Eco button off though as the stop start is a little annoying.
    2014 Jaguar XJL 3.0 D Portfolio - Sapphire Blue/Ivory

Previous:

2010 Jaguar XJ 3.0d Portfolio
    2004 X-Type 2.0D (long since departed)

2. Thanks JimC64, Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, RatPC, Ian D, JimC64, #steve and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also in the car was this - when I held down one of the buttons it began ringing (through the stereo system) a recovery service I think - no one actually answered LOL

Its obviously an aftermarket thing, but not sure how its connected there is also this in the windscreen - ironically it started beeping and wasnt sure what the beep was but then worked out it was beeping at speed cameras.

Could be quite useful but both look quite ugly so will try and work out how to remove, as there is also a mic run to top of windscreen pillar which I assume is linked to the small disc. Any of you know what they are who have had fleet cars etc?

Previous:

4. Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice indeed.
    Jim.
    2012 XKR Black pack, Speed Pack, Aero pack, Rat pack. Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe, 2009 XK 5.0L Portfolio in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

6. Likes WelshBoa, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Previous:

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor, JimC64, #steve, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Previous:

10. Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor, Ian D, #steve, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks a good purchase, congrats.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

12. Likes #steve, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Andrew, obviously been a busy ole day.....

New Nexen tyres all round can't be a bad thing, no experience myself but have heard lots of good things about them.

Those Orona's do look nice on her too.

Enjoy

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Ultimate Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia, Remote boot mod and illuminated treadplates added, currently at 53k miles
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors 95k miles

14. Likes #steve, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent car Andrew, as Jim says those wheels really suit the car. Makes a nice change from Kasugas. I like that key presentation box too.

I think if I was going to a city, I would try and find one with a park and ride scheme.
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

16. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Excellent car Andrew, as Jim says those wheels really suit the car. Makes a nice change from Kasugas. I like that key presentation box too.

I think if I was going to a city, I would try and find one with a park and ride scheme.
    That's not to say the Kasuga's aren't nice Steve

It takes me all my time to clean 20 spokes, wouldn't have the will power to clean twice that many lol

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Ultimate Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia, Remote boot mod and illuminated treadplates added, currently at 53k miles
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors 95k miles

18. Likes mac_doctor, WelshBoa, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Those Orona's do look nice on her too.

You're biased.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    It takes me all my time to clean 20 spokes, wouldn't have the will power to clean twice that many
    I can't say the Estonians ever complained.

20. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, WelshBoa, Ashanti liked this post
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast