Thread: icarsoft scanner issues and recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

icarsoft scanner issues and recommendations

Car: 2000 Jaguar S type
    Issue: flashing CATS symbol

I have been trying to track down a flashing CATS symbol snag for four years now but recently I tried using an Icarsoft multi-system scanner model 1300.

The most I could get out of it was "Right damper firm".

I went to Icarsoft technical support and was told I should buy a LR-VI scanner.

Before I do that I would like to know if it will supply more accurate information than my current scanner. It is about a two hundred dollar outlay.

Would I get something more definite than "right damper firm" from the LR-VI? Is it worth the investment or should I just take the car into the local Jag garage?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll better take car to the garage. But it is my opinion. I do not know how everything in my car works so I always drive to local services.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I have never heard of the LR-VI scanner; to my knowledge, the Jaguar/Land Rover scanner series goes to the LR-2.0 at this juncture. I own the LR-II and it does drill down into sub-systems/components to the extent that it told me which of the four parking aide sensors had failed on my 2003 S-type. The LR-2.0 has extended the capabilities of the scanner to cover the later diesel powered cars.
    2003 S-Type 3.0, Zircon with the "Premium Package"...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love it if I could get that kind of information using a scanner. I will have a look on ebay to see if I can pick up a used one. Thank you for the lead. Much appreciated. LR-II. Hmm.