Thread: XE 2.0 petrol real world fuel economy

Post Thanks / Like

XE 2.0 petrol real world fuel economy

Hi guys, thinking of purchasing an 2017 XE R sport 2.0 petrol, just absolutely love the XE, genuinely think its the best looking car in the class. I drive about 15k miles per year with mostly country A road driving. I couldn't help but notice how the quoted fuel economy of the 2.0 petrol models are significantly worse than its rivals like the C Class, A4 or 3 series. I was just wondering if there are any XE 2.0 petrol owners who would be willing to share on here what sort of real world mpg they get and for context what sort of driving that’s based on ie motorway, country roads, inner city etc. Thanks guys!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t know which engine you’re talking about but my XF25T, 250hp Ingenium averages 40mpg or so. I don’t drive it hard but keep up with traffic easily enough. My previous 5 series 530D averaged 45 driven the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 25t ingenium petrol XE for almost 3 years, it achieved up to 45mpg on a run on the motorway quite regularly. I was averaging about 37mpg on a full tank of fuel though, which I think is decent for mixed driving.

Best I got was almost 500 miles from one tank of fuel.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look here. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/real-mpg/
    It isn't fool proof but it is what people say they get.

Jaguar XE 250 Auto 36mpg
    BMW 320i Auto 35
    Mercedes C200i Auto 37
    Audi TFSI 190 S tronic 37

Jaguar seem to quote mpg nearer to reality than some of the Germans. Similar sized cars with similar engine technology, is going to produce similar results.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the 20T Prestige but its the same engine as the sport. Best ever mpg (according to the computer) was 51mpg. That was a motorway run averaging 63mph for 137 miles.
    Normal long distance I get about 45-48mpg and running around on A and B roads about 37mpg.

The engine I have is the Ford lump, apparently the Ingenium is more economical but to be honest I can't grumble, my last car was a X Type 2.2 diesel auto and the figures I got with that were about the same as the XE and the performance I get now is way better. Also I'm not having to drive unnecessarily miles to complete a DPF regeneration.
    Now - 2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0 petrol in Bluefire - Parking Assist Pack, heated screen.
    Had - 2008 - 2.2 Auto Sovereign Saloon - Genuine Sovereign Glacier Blue with heated screen, piped seats, Satnav, Premium Sound System, Jaguar Voice, Front and Rear Sensors, Walnut Steering Wheel and dash, Proteus 18" Wheels plus the dreaded DPF!!!!
    2003 2.5L SE - Ultraviolet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the replies!! And apologies for not being more specific on the engine, 35-40mpg for mixed driving is something i can definitely live with so thats refreshing to hear!!