Thread: I-Pace Sim seemingly not working ...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I-Pace Sim seemingly not working ...

Just picked up a used approved I-Pace, 2018 reg. Dealer put in a new Ubigi sim and said it was working at the dealership - I tend to believe him. Car was then transported 100+ miles to me, during which a couple of theft alarms went off and I had to let the secure people know it was being transported, not stolen.

Now it is here it is great, except that the sim doesn't work. The screen shows no 3G or 4G signal - wherever I take the car, and the Mobile Data option is stuck on 'Reading Sim' when I try it. I've tried taking out and reinserting the sim, turning the car off an on again in a spot where there should be reception, turning mobile data off and on, all to no avail. The Remote app has been stuck on a Theft Alert screen all day, so that's useless to me to help, and I don't know if that's part of the problem or not.

Can anyone please help with further diagnostics or resets I can try? I don't know whether it's the sim that's at fault, or the car.

All advice very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update - Has sorted itself.

I rang the Secure people again to get them to try and clear the Theft Alert on the Remote app - no joy.

I wrote an e-mail to Jaguar Assistance (no incoming calls due to Covid) explaining the problem. I suggested it might have been the theft alarm that killed the sim somehow. Then went out this afternoon for an outing for a few hours. When we came back I noticed the sim now had a good 4G signal, whereas previously it had none. It hadn't even been trying - I never saw the three dots as it connected before. No response from Jaguar Assistance, so was it them or something else that fixed it - not sure. It does increasingly look though as though the Theft Alert caused the problem.

Ho hum ...

3. Likes rtcosic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Final update - it wasn't Jaguar Assistance that sorted this as I just now have an e-mail saying they have been asked to call me. So possibly it was the Secure Tracking people, or just time ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ExDaimlerOwner View Post
    Final update
    Making myself a liar ...

We had also thought one keyfob was totally dead, tried changing the battery etc. but nothing. In fact now the Theft Alert has cleared the fob works fine. Presumably this was the fob used to unlock the car for being transported and the alert also had the effect of deactivating that fob ....

Moral of the story is - if your cat thinks it's being stolen be prepared for it to go into a huge sulk and stop everything working

Post Thanks / Like
    Useful info, I think the infotainment system is shared amongst other JLR cars.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne