Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air condition actuation motors

Post Thanks / Like

Air condition actuation motors

Can these motors be purchased anywhere on line other than dealer? Thanks Wordman

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay would be a place you can find them.

Keep in mind that most replacements that are getting sold are not so great. That has to do with the fact that the range of the arm most of the time is less than the original motor. So you get out of range fault codes with these replacement motors.

I had a similar problem. I ended up taking the original motor apart and cleaned the resistor pad with a contact spray. When you put them together again you need to set the arm in the middle of the resistor track. Easiest way: Grab a 9 volt battery and a multi meter. The out pins are for the motor. Connect the multi meter to the inner pins. Spin the motor till the resistance drops to zero. Mark that point. Now rotate the motor till you got the highest resistance. Mark it again. Now turn the motor till you get in the middle of the zero and the highest resistance. ( you also have to do this with new replacement motors)

Now you can mount the motor again to the heather core.
    '71 Ford Capri 7.0l V8 Dart block with EFI and a modified Dodge Viper 6 speed.
    '69 Ford P7 20M Hardtop coupe with the running gear and with all electronics and aircon/heater of a '01 3.0 v6 Jaguar S type.
    '01 Ford Fiesta with a almighty 1.3 engine.

3. Thanks Robinus thanked for this post
    Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by capri v8 driver View Post
    I had a similar problem. I ended up taking the original motor apart and cleaned the resistor pad with a contact spray. When you put them together again you need to set the arm in the middle of the resistor track.
    I replaced mine a good few years ago and if I cycle through the vent positions on the touchscreen, they work perfectly. However, SDD always reports out of position. I know why now. The old ones had stopped working.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much .. will get this to my mechanic . Did not know they have to be set prior to install.. the best info... Wordman

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Wordman: Tell the mechanic not to connect the servo before its mounted back in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Actuators.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	34852

@ MrKiss. In the picture you can see the problem between the motorcraft servo and a dorman replacement servo.

The contact on the gearwheel of the Dorman servo has a different by 15 degrees of the centerline. If the arm reaches his max position it doesn't measure any resistance and in the min position the resistance is incorrect resulting in a out of range fault code.
    '71 Ford Capri 7.0l V8 Dart block with EFI and a modified Dodge Viper 6 speed.
    '69 Ford P7 20M Hardtop coupe with the running gear and with all electronics and aircon/heater of a '01 3.0 v6 Jaguar S type.
    '01 Ford Fiesta with a almighty 1.3 engine.

7. Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by capri v8 driver View Post
    @ MrKis. In the picture you can see the problem between the motorcraft servo and a dorman replacement servo.

The contact on the gearwheel of the Dorman servo has a different by 15 degrees of the centerline. If the arm reaches his max position it doesn't measure any resistance and in the min position the resistance is incorrect resulting in a out of range fault code.
    Thanks.
    I replaced mine with genuine Jag ones. They fully open and fully close, operation seems perfect. Still get codes on SDD. I don't think I will bother to get them out again given how difficult some are to get at.

Post Thanks / Like
    How hard are they to get to? Dash out or can you reach them via the glovebox etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know . My mechanic is on it .. other members may have answer .. Wordman

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say 2 or 3 are easy, one is a bit of a pain and the other is a swine.
    Officially you need to take the dash out but I didn't. I removed the glovebox and the instruments and managed, just.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found shouting at my climate control certainly raises my temperature...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast