Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which turbo hose usually goes pop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Give these guys a call, they sent me both hoses in just over 24 hours.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232680783157
    2007 x type 2.2d S 6 speed, 160,000 and climbing.
    And no warning lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Still might just be the hose clamp though...
    X-Type 06 2.0L Diesel Estate - "Schrodinger"- Now rescued from the clutches of the evil physicist.. the cat is purrring
    XK8 - "Kate". Seeing better after some light surgery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Stephen I shall do that when I know which I need. x-files, I don't think it is the clamp(s) as at least one was only slightly rusted and whilst I couldn't see the other one, the hose seems firmly attached. This will be a matter for my tame mechanic when I see him. My aged skin won't cope well with being scraped as once it might.

4. Likes x-files liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaguar Landrover cannot supply the part numbers. Obvious really, they are only the ****** manufacturers! They refer me to one of their main dealers for the information. Thanks to stephen way (above), I have contacted the dealer he provided the link to for availability, price, and part numbers, plus confirmation of the correct parts for a non-DPF 2.2D My tame mechanic will (I hope) investigate which hose (if any) is the culprit and I shall order accordingly from the supplier (Woodacre 4x4 a.k.a. Roger Young Ltd). The genuine parts are expensive and the silicone ones much cheaper, but as on of my hoses is fouling the auxiliary drive belt slightly already, I don't want to risk any 3rd party part having dimensions that could aggravate the problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12