Thread: Can not add vehicle to Incontrol Navigation ???

Post Thanks / Like

Can not add vehicle to Incontrol Navigation ???

I wonder if anyone can help ...

On my PC I have set up a Here.com account, and am trying to add a vehicle to it. I go through the VIN input etc., then I get the page talking about connecting from the car. I then go to the car and under Navigation try to log into my account as it prompts me to. The profile I have set up in the Navigation asks me to put in my e-mail and InControl account password - which I have. I then try to sign in - it thinks for a while and then says something like 'Problem at our end try signing in later'.

Does anyone know how to resolve this one please? I just can't get the vehicle added to my Navigation account. I can still use offline maps, but it would be nice to have traffic alerts and map updates - for which I need connectivity to my Navigation account which I don't have.

Post Thanks / Like
    You tried using your navigation account instead of incontrol details to log in?
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    You tried using your navigation account instead of incontrol details to log in?
    Yes. I believe I did. I'm pretty sure I tried both in fact. I will continue the investigations later today and report back.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I have just realised the problem is a little more general than I have described. It looks like the car simply isn't connecting to the internet through the infotainment system. I have a 4G signal, but anything I try in Live doesn't connect - and trying to create/log into a Live Account gives me an endless 'Verifying' screen.

The Remote app has been picking up changes (so the InControl servers must be getting updated data from the car), and my mobile data usage shows 46Mb, so the sim and data transfer seems 0K - more an internet specific issue. I have Mobile data and roaming set on.

Back to the drawing board to look for other solutions ...