Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishing Lewis the best this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing Lewis the best this weekend

Can all the Brits wave their flags in anticipation of Lewis equaling Shumi's 91 F1 wins this weekend in Russia?

If he does he will beyond doubt the greatest racing driver of all time.

OK he's brash and a little bit bling but he will be the equal best...on his way to being the outright best.

German forumites don't need to respond, on account it's hard to type through tears

Mods feel free to move general or delete if need be.
    2014 XK Dynamic R Coupe (no backbox, supercharger pulley upgrade and K&N's)
    Peugeot 2008 EAT6 with pan roof and heated seats - new addition

Post Thanks / Like
    Why just the Brits.? Lewis is an awesome driver and a very fair sportsman. Support him because he is good. He doesn't need the better strategy to beat even very good team mates.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Lewis getting all the records not just matching some

I thought Senna was brilliant, Lauda very clever, Prost took that to another level. Many others were very, very good too. However, I never warmed to MS (too many serious controversies) and my jury is still out on SV (was good in the best car but full of mistakes under pressure).
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 17k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 12k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

3. Thanks MarkyM thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY, 1955davidr, Daverichardson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread moved to motorsport section, not XK related.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a good driver though.
    Yes, lucky enough to be picked up by the best team, a team that pushes the meaning of the law when it comes to cheating.
    His "Off field" opinions and choices boil my blood.
    I wish him no harm, but he does not deserve to be up there with the great drivers, very especially Schumi.
    X-Type 2006 2.0D SE

6. Dislikes 1955davidr, MarkyM disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, way back when I'd finished Karts at supernationals I was lucky enough to have been on the same track as a 9yr old Lewis. Even in an underpowered rig he could run rings around us and knew I was witnessing brilliance (if he lived that long as took LOTS of risks).

So respectfully I disagree, as think he is truly gifted..

The weirdest thing was I attended the Hungarian GP in 2011 (when IIRC he didnt get a podium), he and his Dad actually recognised me (there were few men of colour in that world) and said hello...so I was chuffed, still am

8. Likes MarkFY, Neilr, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m firmly with Neilr on this one, Hamilton has proved over and over that he is a brilliant racer whereas Seb V could only ever win from the front and as soon as it comes to actually racing he is all at sea, but for him Mark Webber would have had world championship or 2 remember Turkey?
    Current Jags

2009 XJ8 4.2 Executive Porcelain White
    2009 XF 3.0D PL in Cashmere

Previous Jags

2006 S-Type SE 2.7D in Prism Blue
    2008 XF 2.7d premium luxury in Pearl Grey
    2007 XK Convertible Midnight Black currently MIA presumed incinerated at Echo Arena New Years Eve 2017
    2004 XJ8 3.5 SE Zircon Blue
    2008 X Type Sovereign Auto 2.2D Glacier Blue
    2005 S Type SE 2.7D Auto Zircon Blue
    2003 X Type SE 3.O Topaz
    2001 XK8 4.0 Pacific Blue
    1978 XJ12L 5.3 V12 Tobacco Brown with Black Vinyl roof

10. Thanks MarkyM, Neilr thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY, MarkyM, Neilr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by old shape View Post
    Not a good driver though.
    Yes, lucky enough to be picked up by the best team, a team that pushes the meaning of the law when it comes to cheating.
    His "Off field" opinions and choices boil my blood.
    I wish him no harm, but he does not deserve to be up there with the great drivers, very especially Schumi.
    He is absolutely a gifted driver. He's calm and composed under pressure. He has delivered when not always being in the fastest car. He hasn't had a tantrum and driven, on purpose, into the side of someone (like Vettel did). Ferrari should have won a few races last year, they had the faster car at many races but Lewis was able to deliver under the pressure... pressure that saw Vettel often crack.

As for his 'off-field choices'... he is a fine ambassador for the sport, and for equality!

And as for the team legality... hmm... Ferrari, 2019, Investigation, fine and NDA with the FIA, and a sudden loss of competiveness from the latter part of last season coinciding... hmmm.
    Last edited by MarkFY; 21-09-20 at 20:14.
    2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 83K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk or Find Us On Facebook

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

12. Thanks MarkyM, Neilr thanked for this post
    Likes MarkyM, Neilr, mac_doctor, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Sir

14. Thanks MarkFY thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    He is absolutely a gifted driver. He's calm and composed under pressure. He has delivered when not always being in the fastest car. He hasn't had a tantrum and driven, on purpose, into the side of someone (like Vettel did). Ferrari should have won a few races last year, they had the faster car at many races but Lewis was able to deliver under the pressure... pressure that saw Vettel often crack.

As for his 'off-field choices'... he is a fine ambassador for the sport, and for equality!

And as for the team legality... hmm... Ferrari, 2019, Investigation, fine and NDA with the FIA, and a sudden loss of competiveness from the latter part of last season coinciding... hmmm.
    A good driver in the best car with the very best team. Take any of the current top 10 and swap them into that position, they would win the same. I've never liked him from day 1, his lies and disgusting tactics against teammate Rosberg was the final straw, Rosberg was a broken man.
    "Off field". A vegan SJW, whatever topic is blowing that way, this year. Worse than Corbyn19.
    But, he will take all the records, there is nothing to stop him.
    I'd like to see him in a crap car, then I might change my mind on driving skills.
    X-Type 2006 2.0D SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by MarkFY; 21-09-20 at 21:00. Reason: Deleted... as I'm really not bothered...
    2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 83K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk or Find Us On Facebook

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, JagDroid, ACM, front/reverse cameras, message centre, bluetooth, voice, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast