Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaguar XF, 2011, just 20.4k miles selling advice please

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar XF, 2011, just 20.4k miles selling advice please

Hi I'm trying to help a friend sell her late (Covid-19) husband's Jaguar XF, 2011, just 20.4k miles, petrol 3L

I'm unable to access the build sheet, VIN No SAJAC05H6BFS03437, can anyone help out please?

WeBuyAnyCar offered her £6870, seems way too cheap for such low mileage.

Trying to get details to offer for sale on this Forum.

TIA Graham
    55 plate. 2.0D SE Estate. Quartz Grey. Warm Charcoal Leather. HID Lights. Stainless Mesh Grille. Body Colour Surround. 88K Mls

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, try here, you will have to register. Phil
    https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...cle/lookupForm
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

3. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Topix minor features doesn't appear to be working at the moment, I can't read the list for my own car!

Will try again later.

5. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham1402 View Post

WeBuyAnyCar offered her £6870, seems way too cheap for such low mileage.

TIA Graham
    And when she takes it she can expect to get less than that - they never pay what it says on the website.
    Currently: 2010 XF 3.0 Petrol - Premium Luxury
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    S-Type 3.0 SE 2007
    S-Type 3.0 Sport Auto 2004
    S-Type Spirit 2.7D Auto 2007
    S-Type 2.5 SE Auto 2004
    2 x 2.1 X-Type SE
    2 x Xj6 (1 x 4.2 litre & 1 x 3.4 Litre)
    Daimler 2.8 Litre

7. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WBAC gives a pretty accurate trade in guide in my experience. They offered me £4,500 for the Freelander and then sent me various reminders, upping the price until they got to around £5,000. Their prices do vary by the day, presumably based on the current market. I got £4,800 from the dealer.
    Low mileage is worth a bit but not as much as you'd think in reality and especially not in the trade. It's probably worth as much as putting it into the next registration year bracket but that'll be about it.
    So, private sale is always going to be the best approach and find someone who really appreciates a low mileage car, plus you should get better than trade value.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury
    2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux

9. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Agree, WBAC isn't a million miles out in pricing and it's the safer option. Private sale is a good idea, but be careful for scammers. Good friend of mine who is smart got taken for a ride a while back, several people turned up much later than expected, basically distracted him whilst putting used engine oil in header tank trick.

Try motorway too, they tend to offer slightly more.

Good luck, don't be in a rush and weigh up all options before deciding.

11. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the screen price they offer is a good indicator for trade-in against another vehicle at a dealer but as I said .... do not think they will give you that if you take your car to them. The process is to offer a figure and when you get there they go over the car and mark it down for every slight mark on the body, rims, interior - you can easily lose 20% of that screen price offer. No second hand car is in showroom condition, even if it is in great condition for the year/mileage - they are well trained to hunt out things to knock the offer price, its their job after all.
    Currently: 2010 XF 3.0 Petrol - Premium Luxury
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    S-Type 3.0 SE 2007
    S-Type 3.0 Sport Auto 2004
    S-Type Spirit 2.7D Auto 2007
    S-Type 2.5 SE Auto 2004
    2 x 2.1 X-Type SE
    2 x Xj6 (1 x 4.2 litre & 1 x 3.4 Litre)
    Daimler 2.8 Litre

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barryhi View Post
    I agree the screen price they offer is a good indicator for trade-in against another vehicle at a dealer but as I said .... do not think they will give you that if you take your car to them. The process is to offer a figure and when you get there they go over the car and mark it down for every slight mark on the body, rims, interior - you can easily lose 20% of that screen price offer. No second hand car is in showroom condition, even if it is in great condition for the year/mileage - they are well trained to hunt out things to knock the offer price, its their job after all.
    This is my understanding too.
    Private sale is the only way to get what it is really worth. A sound car, priced fairly can sell quick.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne

14. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As said in a previous post be careful whit private sales these day . A friends son , they live across the road from me had two foriegners turn up to buy his Audi . One of them distracted him to the back of the car and the other put dirty engine oil in the header tank. They then tried to get the car for next to nothing saying the head gasket had gone.and the car was orth scrap money. When he accused them of putting the oil in they became hostile and then demanded money for their petrol until he threatened to called the police . Not a good experience . Fortunately I was able to remove the tank and clean it before any oil had been mixed around the engine . Not all buyers are rouges and the majority are very honest .
    So unless your savvy at selling cars and can deal with people trade it or make sure your mob handed when a buyer turns up to keep any eye on the one who hangs back when the other asks you look at the other end of the car .
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

16. Thanks jberks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a quick reply from JLR about the Build Sheet. Which listed the following for the seats. Can someone tell me if Truffle is the seat colour.
    Barley Stitching
    Barley/Truffle Bond Grain
    Bonded Grain Leather

Thanks, Graham
    55 plate. 2.0D SE Estate. Quartz Grey. Warm Charcoal Leather. HID Lights. Stainless Mesh Grille. Body Colour Surround. 88K Mls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast