Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the XF refresh?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think of the XF refresh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like the looks of it, looks a good evolution of the XF
    --

Current Car: XF (X250) 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
    Next Car: Under Consideration : Jaguar F Pace / Audi A6 Avant / Audi Q7 / BMW X5 / BMW x30D Touring

3. Thanks Hiltoncam thanked for this post
    Likes Hiltoncam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a pity there still isn't a V8 and now they've dropped the V6 altogether. The next XF, if any, will probably be electric only. Very sad.

5. Likes Legnum Nick, KBeee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What ever happened to the Straight 6 3L Ingenium?

The thing is, Hiltoncam is probably right, the next XF could well be an EV but Jaguar will need to make some serious progress to pull that one off. £70/80k cars with 200 mile range aren't going to cut it.

This one looks nice inside but not enough to make me want to change if its basically the same mechanically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiltoncam View Post
    The next XF, if any, will probably be electric only. Very sad.
    The torque and acceleration from an electric XF would make you forget all about a V8!

Not sure I'd call the redesigned rear bumper dramatic. Smoked rear lights remind me very much of the 90s. Will be interesting to see how much of it we can lift and put in our Mk1 X260s. I wouldn't mind the new steering wheel!

17MY XF 20d 180PS manual in Carpathian Grey Metallic
    ICTP, HUD, Advanced Park Assist, 19” seven spoke 7012's

8. Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The XF was always a good looking car and the tweaks Jaguar have done to the facelift have ensured it retains all its style - I particular like the larger grill and new bumpers. I like the interior and interested that they may be using more lighter colours that I think suit Jaguars best. Not sure about the 'Tesla' style screen though.

From the engine line up it seems the big bruiser engines are now a think of the past -sadly particularly when you think of Jaguar's racing heritage ! - doubt there will be another XFR Hilton?
    Jaguar XF Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, in Claret Red with barley leather, Venus alloys

previously Jaguar X Type 2.1 V6. Gone but not forgotton

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for video. First I’ve seen of The changes which I like. Problem is you have no idea how many are standard.
    I am very surprised at the comments that there will be no petrol ingenium 6. I was sure a friend was in the the process of getting the new defender with the ps 400 petrol ingenium 6. It is advertised here for sale so I assumed we would get the 6 in the XF. The only 2020 XF they are selling here now is the ps 300.Diesels are dead so they will need the petrol mild hybrid if they want to sell any.
    White XF 2018 R-Sport 300 portfolio

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the IL6 is available in Range Rovers but not Jaguars, certainly as yet. I think it’s the only way I’d be tempted to another ICE. We recently got an e-Niro which is brilliant at what it does, though the XF is still the long distance choice.

Once there’s an XF sized, premium EV with a genuine 300 mile range and a not unreasonable price tag, there’d be no choice IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PScott543 View Post
    I believe the IL6 is available in Range Rovers but not Jaguars, certainly as yet. I think it’s the only way I’d be tempted to another ICE. We recently got an e-Niro which is brilliant at what it does, though the XF is still the long distance choice.

Once there’s an XF sized, premium EV with a genuine 300 mile range and a not unreasonable price tag, there’d be no choice IMO.
    The inline 6 ingenium is now available in the recently facelifted F-Pace. The XE and XF are based on the same platform, so it does physically fit. All the MHEV and PHEV packaging goes under the car as the D7a platform was never designed for hybrid in mind (batteries etc), this is an issue with a saloon as it's low to the ground, whilst an SUV is much higher up and can have a slightly lower underfloor area. The PHEV 2.0L is also now available in the F-Pace too which backs up this theory.

MHEV 2.0L diesel has just been made available in the XE and XF and is now 204Ps up from 180Ps.

The larger engines are becoming a thing of the past in the XE/XF as the emissions on manufacturers gets ever stricter. The fines are astronomical, this is why Tesla are selling partnerships which just happened with Fiat Chrysler recently to get the total emissions down.
    Current Car:
    2016 XF 3.0d S, 17MY - 35k miles, Ultimate Black and loads of extras.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY

Resident Super Moderator.
    My 2016 x260 XF 3.0d S ownership thread

13. Likes X270 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it not telling though that whereas the F Type and XE and F Pace got redesigned headlights, JLR have decided not to invest any money in new pressings for XF body panels, same shape and size headlights, just the plastic trim tweaked. Taillights too have now been left out of the current Jaguar design language seen on the F Pace, F Type, XE etc. Pivi Pro looks good but fingers crossed they don't drop support for ICTP too quickly seeing as the base InControl system is already no longer supported. Nice to see wood returning to the interior and less of that scratch prone gloss black too!

17MY XF 20d 180PS manual in Carpathian Grey Metallic
    ICTP, HUD, Advanced Park Assist, 19” seven spoke 7012's

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast