Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: XF 2.7 Project fumes in cabin.

Post Thanks / Like

XF 2.7 Project fumes in cabin.

Hoping you guys can help me with a few issues i have with a 2.7 XF 2008 I bought as a project engine gone, bought a S type 2.7 and removed engine was going to have a go myself but due to what as been going on i have had to shield so got my mate to remove/replace engine my fault i failed to tell him the alternators have to been changed as the charging system in the XF is different car was running but obviously battery was not getting any charge bad bad mistake on my part lot more work time money spent replacing full loom and alternator any way that was that my fault with all that as been going on just forgot to tell him they needed swapping over !!!! now done car is fully running but with issues which i am hoping i can find some help information or advice from you guys.
    1st issue is the horn not working changed the relay but no joy any ideas ?
    2nd issue locking car, when I lock it using key fob looking through windows i see the d/s rear door does not lock I can lock it from inside then exit car and lock the other doors using the fob all locked mirrors in but when i try drivers door handle it opens setting off the alarm not sure if it is keyless entry so got the wife to walk to top of street a football pitch length away in-case it is keyless entry and it is reading the key is near but same door opens and alarm goes off !!!!! So if parked up for the night and someone tries the drivers door it will open and sound the alarm the other 3 do not open.
    My question is will the fault on the rear door cause my problem? if yes what needs replacing/repairing is it a mechanical part or a module? any advice on this would be great.
    My 3rd issue and for me the most worrying is fumes in the cabin, i have gave it a few short runs but was opening to give it a blast on the motorway but to be honest with the fumes don't fancy that worse with fans on and stationary!!!!!!
    Read that there can be a issue with the flexi pipes which are fixed to the cats do folk think this will be my problem? also read that there are fixes that mean you don't have to replace the cats any advice on the fume issue will be very much appreciated as car is not useable with the fume issue.
    Really like the car but my mistake with the alternator/loom eaten in to the budget so to keep it something like financially feasible replacing cats is not a option so really hoping the help advice i need is out there.
    Not giving up the project yet.
    Oh anybody need anything from the s type full car less the engine in gold all panels very very good condition, leather interior memory seats with piping, sat nav system etc will be cheap to members thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
    09 JAGUAR X TYPE SE SALOON 2.0 DIESEL BLACK
    TOUCH SCREEN HEATED MEMORY SEATS CRISS CROSS TYPE, BLUE TOOTH,PHONE,FRONT REAR PARKING AID AUTO HEAD LIGHTS AUTO WIPERS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only advise on your door lock issue but sounds like failed door actuators on both doors. It's a common problem on the XF.
    Current. 2011 XFS Portfolio. Lunar Grey (LJZ) / Black (LEG).
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley
    Previous. 2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign. Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ.
    In storage.1988 Daimler XJ40. Bordeaux Red / Doeskin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I would say almost definitely one or both of the flexi pipes have cracked, I had to have both of mine replaced for exactly the same issue. Phil
    p.s. Yes you can just have the flexi pipes replaced, there are a lot of places that will do this for you, and the kits are readily available. If you input your location someone might be able to recommend a garage near to you.
    Last edited by philayl1; 08-10-20 at 10:30.
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy2Jags View Post
    I can only advise on your door lock issue but sounds like failed door actuators on both doors. It's a common problem on the XF.
    Thanks for that, it is only the rear d/s that does not lock with the fob what makes you say the front is at fault also ? thanks again for your help.
    TOUCH SCREEN HEATED MEMORY SEATS CRISS CROSS TYPE, BLUE TOOTH,PHONE,FRONT REAR PARKING AID AUTO HEAD LIGHTS AUTO WIPERS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote from your post " but when i try drivers door handle it opens setting off the alarm " so sound like the driver lock is not working either ?
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil F View Post
    Quote from your post " but when i try drivers door handle it opens setting off the alarm " so sound like the driver lock is not working either ?
    That was how I understood it too.
    Previous. 2012 XF Premium Luxury. Remapped 307 BHP / 449 lb/ft. Italian Racing Red (CAH) / Barley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    Hi, I would say almost definitely one or both of the flexi pipes have cracked, I had to have both of mine replaced for exactly the same issue. Phil
    p.s. Yes you can just have the flexi pipes replaced, there are a lot of places that will do this for you, and the kits are readily available. If you input your location someone might be able to recommend a garage near to you.
    Thanks for that, thinking it is that myself although just took it on the motorway left the fans shut did a few miles can not really smell fumes with fans shut i then opened them and could smell it then but not as bad not hurting your eyes so would say the blast as helped.
    Thinking if there is a cabin filter could that be clogged from the issues it had when the original engine blow up?

Also i am in Blaackburn Lancashire hoping someone can recommend a garage near me for the flexi lead fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy2Jags View Post
    That was how I understood it too.
    Right thought the drivers door may be opening when locked due to the rear door fault not locking with the fob. So will the replacement part be the actuator on both even though the faults are different back if i lock manually stays locked till opened with fob could live with that to be honest. Front door locks with fob but will unlock with handle from outside and alarm sound, unlock with fob then open with handle and no alarm just want to be clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Thanks for that, thinking it is that myself although just took it on the motorway left the fans shut did a few miles can not really smell fumes with fans shut i then opened them and could smell it then but not as bad not hurting your eyes so would say the blast as helped.
    Thinking if there is a cabin filter could that be clogged from the issues it had when the original engine blow up?

Also i am in Blaackburn Lancashire hoping someone can recommend a garage near me for the flexi lead fix.
    There is a cabin filter, worth checking it's condition. Will post instructions when I can dig them out. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Right thought the drivers door may be opening when locked due to the rear door fault not locking with the fob. So will the replacement part be the actuator on both even though the faults are different back if i lock manually stays locked till opened with fob could live with that to be honest. Front door locks with fob but will unlock with handle from outside and alarm sound, unlock with fob then open with handle and no alarm just want to be clear.
    If it's opening without unlocking then it's not locking properly, so yes, faulty actuator.
    Does it still open if you deadlock it (press lock button twice)?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast