Thread: "The Resistance Banker"

Post Thanks / Like

"The Resistance Banker"

"Risking his family and future, a banker in occupied Amsterdam slows the Nazi war machine by creating an underground bank to fund the resistance"

Netflix 2018 2hr 3mins.

Cast Barry ATsma, Jacob Derwig, Pierre Bokma.

Director Joram Lursen.

Features some very, very brave individuals who took it upon themselves to filter Banks money to feed Jewish families and others who were resisting the Germans.

All the "loans" etc were accounted for after the war and none of the individuals involved profited, personally.

The brains behind the operation was finally recognised by the Dutch Government in 2010 with a statue to him being erected outside a Bank in Amsterdam.

By today's standard, a half billion euros would have been the equivalent sums involved.

An excellent film.
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.

2. Thanks Rowley_1812 thanked for this post
    Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like my kinda film ... so noted ... but I guess that you must be back in the desert Chris ... ?
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize ... SOLD (after 6 years of very happy and economical motoring).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Sounds like my kinda film ... so noted ... but I guess that you must be back in the desert Chris ... ?
    ....nope, in God's County, Staffordshire since being sent home due to Covid back in May.

I'm currently a member of the great unwashed!
    03 XJR X350, Silver with White Leather & 2017 Mondeo Vignale Est, Adaptive Cruise, Parking Assist, Lane Keeping, Blind Spot Monitoring, Collision Mitigation, Speed Sign Recognition, City Stop. Newly "refurbed" TD5 Series 2 Millennium Ltd Edition Derv. 1999 Larson 290 Cabrio, 2 x 4.3ltr V6 190hp Mercruisers. Triumph Trophy 1200cc. BMW KT1300 GT SE.