Thread: Doubt about the rear seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Doubt about the rear seats.

Hi, I am thinking of buying a jaguar xe p250 r-dynamic se. I know how the rear seats open. My question is: Does anyone really know if the center rear seat can be opened from inside the car? I have seen the vehicle guide on the internet and I think so, but I would like someone to confirm it. Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Folding rear seats:
    The centre folding rear seat has a catch on the top of the seat that is operated from inside the car.
    The outer seats are operated from cables in the boot. The cable operation is a very poor design; as the boot is small & shallow with little room for luggage. Putting some shopping in the other week I broke one of the flimsy plastic catches that hold the cables in place. It would be better if the outer seats had catches like the centre backrest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the response and for the warning. It is true that the trunk is small. I don't know why the engineers don't make it bigger and usable, they probably think that if you buy a Jaguar, you don't need suitcases to travel, or family, or friends ...

:SR verde::SR verde:

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want a bigger boot go for the XF
    XF 2.0 R Sport 68 plate, white and lots of toys

XF 2.2D R Sport 65 plate and black (of course) and loving the ride

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an XE Portfolio, and am very pleased with it, but there is no doubt it is not one of Jaguar's best efforts. Developed in a great hurry, there are a number of small things that could have been done better. Sales figures prove that it has not been a success in the marketplace, although the recent improvements to the interior may liven things up a little. The fact is the car on sale now, is what should have been there originally !

The seat cable brackets in the boot are real disgrace, and the person who thought them up should get the sack ! The boot itself is very small, but the folding seats alleviate this a bit. If you install the spare wheel, it gets even smaller, as the boot floor has to come up about 4 cms. Also if you have the blow-up kit, and put a spare wheel in instead, you need the boot floor for this, the other one doesn't fit properly. So even if you buy the spare wheel on eBay as I did, you still need to cross Jaguar's palm with gold to get the boot floor. I think for a family, the better car is the XF, virtually identical apart from size. We are just two, so don't use the rear seats very much.
    Fleet manager (!!) of: -
    XE Portfolio 180 AWD 2017
    VW New Beetle 2009
    MG Midget 1500 1977
    MG TF 135 2010

6. Likes RWD3M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about the spare wheel carry on Fraser.

My son bought an XE with the pointless compressor and squirty bottle so as an early birthday present I bought him a space saver and jack kit (from a lovely chap near Northampton!) and only then discovered that the floor boards are different.

Not wishing to cross Jaguars (or anybody elses) palms with some hundreds of pounds, I made him one. Have to say, it came out really well.

Some pics here if you're interested.

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/...2#post-1632988

I hope everyone's having a good weekend and keeping well.

Richard.
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

8. Thanks Polifemo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Muchas gracias por el comentario. Está claro que el XF sería el coche ideal, pero también es cierto que en mi familia solo hay tres personas. Por otro lado, creo que el XF es demasiado grande para mi garaje (y mi presupuesto). Saludos desde España, donde los Jaguares son, lamentablemente, más caros.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polifemo View Post
    Muchas gracias por el comentario. Está claro que el XF sería el coche ideal, pero también es cierto que en mi familia solo hay tres personas. Por otro lado, creo que el XF es demasiado grande para mi garaje (y mi presupuesto). Saludos desde España, donde los Jaguares son, lamentablemente, más caros.
    The language police will be along shortly!

But I would agree. Partly the reason I wen for the XE and not the XF. I don't know how much bigger the XF actually is (externally) but it 'felt' much bigger. I preferred the XE. Others prefer the XF!

Beunas Noches!
    2017 XE Portfolio 180PS AWD in Santorini Black with climate pack (I don't scrape!) panoramic roof, privacy glass and 19" style 1015 wheels (that I'd happily swap for a nice set of 18" 5 spokes. Anyone?)

11. Thanks Polifemo thanked for this post